LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Any Advice on EWP, Opti, DR Timing Chain, 95 camaro

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 12:28 AM

Question Any Advice on EWP, Opti, DR Timing Chain, 95 camaro

Well I ordered a new opti for one hundred dollars brand new. not bad at all. I am going to double check my coil and coil wire and icm when i install the new opti. They should all be fine and I have the old coil to use as a test if I have to. I think my car was getting the 36 randmly as well and guessing the crank position, that would account for the unreliable idle and rev problem. Now car won't start at all and got every opti code possible. Any advice?? thanks, Kurt
Old 10-07-2007, 12:37 AM

crank position sensor is just to detect misfires, other than that it does squat i deleted it on my car and it runs perfect. if i'm misunderstanding you and code 36 is high/low res signal disregaurd that.

as for every opti code under the sun, check your harness for corrosion at by the fuel evap solenoid on the pass side of the intake, and then check where it plugs into the opti itself. otherwise you probably got bits and pieces of your rotor plastered all over the inside of your opti, and or a bunch of liquid in it.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:21 AM

There is no crank sensor on a 1995.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:23 AM
Administrator

DTC 36 indicates loss of high resolution pulse from the Opti's optical sensor. The engine will continue to run normally, with a minor loss of timing accuracy (increased spark scatter). You might not notice it. The hight res pulse is used to keep track of the exact cam/crank position between the 8 individual cylinder-specific low resolution pulses.

There are only two opti codes, DTC 16 and DTC 36. The engine will not run if you have DTC 16 active. On loss of the low resolution pulse, the PCM shuts down the fuel system and the engine will not run. What other codes are you getting?
Old 10-07-2007, 09:17 PM

Angry

the last thread I posted told all codes and info... here it is...

Used my scan master to retreive the trouble codes. Here they are:

16 - Distributor Ignition System (Low Resolution Pulse)
36 - Distributor Ignition System (Faulty high Resolution Pulse or Extra Low resolution Pulse Detected)

--ongoing problem with these codes they aer thrown when car stumbles while idling for about 5 minutes then goes into the other loop computer mode and trims off fuel or go's away when i drive. never was right...
44 - Bank 1 Left heated oxygen sensor lean condition detected
64 - Bank 2 right heated oxygen sensor lean condition detected
---
33 - Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor Circuit (Signal Voltage High, low vacuume)
51 - EEPROM Programming Error
91 - Skip Shift Lamp Circuit

I am not surprised to see the distributor codes. BAD OPTI RIGHT???

The EEPROM error scares me. What is that?? I had my tuning done by pcmforless and the car wiring is perfect. I have been having a very consistant problem with the car idling too high when coing to a stop light and if I TAP the gas it would cut down to about 800-900 rpms and I developed the habit of just revving the engine lightly when coming to a stop this SUCKS and the car will also idle weird until it throws the lean condition codes and then would idle differently but better. I Dont know what the heck is wrong wiht the MAP sensor. never had this problem before and why would all this stuff go at once?? the shift lamp should be removed because there is no skipshift anyway. what do you guys think?

The car is NOT running right now. Cranks and Cranks....
Old 10-07-2007, 09:52 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by djk19

the last thread I posted told all codes and info... here it is...

So now your pissed off because I didn't know you had posted all the codes in some other thread. What the .... do you think we are, mind readers?

Solve your own damn problems

Last edited by Injuneer; 10-08-2007 at 07:04 AM.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:49 PM

uhmmm no that is how I speak english bro I said that I had posted the codes in another post and HERE THEY ARE I didn't say " Why dont you go look again.. Are you blind? Retard" That is what I might have said if I expected you to somehow know about that other post. I didn't expect you to know. I was saying. Already posted HERE LOOK... OK??? RELAX

Why are you so touchy? I didn't say anything wrong I said I posted them and "Here they are." jesus Christ

Last edited by djk19; 10-08-2007 at 12:49 AM.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:09 AM

I was getting alot of weird codes, turned out to be an older jet hp module that was in the car when I got it
Old 10-08-2007, 12:39 AM

Lightbulb

no ym car was only threw the low res pulse code once before and never did again. After the pcmforless tune it threw a lean fuel condition on left and right bank o2 sensors consistantly if it idles alone for a while but while driving it would creep up to 1500 rpms and stay there until I touched the gas and it went down..... weird issue right?

Then one day it started idling retardedly high and doing all kinds of weird **** like making a hissing sound and surging Fuel was popping in the exhaust and going nuts so I made sure I had a lot of premium gas in the tank. It would just idle high then low a few times progressivly higher and lower until it died if I let it idle. While driving it was just pulling and had almost no power and it was a mess. Fuel popping in the exhaust and all kinds of commotion. Then I got it almost home and revved it up to 5k and it just sputtered slower and slower and slower until it stopped.

Upon trying to start it up again it just cranks and cranks and cranks and nothing happens. The engine threw all those other codes at this time and had already had the lean 02 reading so that doesnt matter.
Fuel pressure is still normal. By the look of it I am assuming the only thigns it could be would be timing and pcm related. Those codes would not happen from a bad fuel pump and it was getting gas fine up until it bombed. it definately was firing multiple cylinders and doing weird **** but it evened out then died slowly. Ordered a new opti for a hundred dollars and I am putting it in with a fluidampr and electric water pump along with a dual roller chain. Should be nice when I am done. I need to have my roller rockers installed and after opti and everything is on if there is any problem at all it has to be my fuel pump or pcm tune which is covered by the pcmforless guy. . Everything else has been replaced before. msd 6al, ign. module is clean and grounded well with msd blaster coil. The kind that looks like a stock replacement but red. there is no corrosion on anything in my engine bay or any electrical connection at that. I am mecp cert. and the wiring is flawless in the car.

Last edited by djk19; 10-08-2007 at 12:46 AM.