LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Any help is appreciated

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2021, 08:22 AM

Any help is appreciated

Hello I have a 1993 Chevy Camaro Z 28 with the LT1 I was wanting to know if anybody has had any luck with the hypertech computer chip or any computer chip for the 93 I know I’m limited on what I can do but I can’t take my PCM out and send it off because my car is my daily driver but also want to build it any help would be appreciated Also I am installing headers a full 3inch exhaust and a egr delete also replacing the OPTi spark with Accel copper header plugs and 8.5mm jegs wires I have already done a cold air intake that goes behind the bumper And a throttle body foil and a moroso coil
Old 08-25-2021, 10:33 AM
Administrator

Re: Any help is appreciated

"Site Help and Suggestions" forum is not for tech questions. It's for problems with site software, how to load photos type questions.

I'll move this to "LT1 Related Engine Tech"

93 is the only year with an "ECM" - only controls the engine. 94 and newer use a "PCM" {controls the engine and the transmission). It has a removable chip, and unlike the 94 and newer models, cannot be flash programmed. There are tuners who can burn you a new, custom chip for your specific mods. No need to send them your ECM.