LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Anybody ever use Racenet.net?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2003, 09:15 AM

Question Anybody ever use Racenet.net?

I'm looking to get some LT1 parts (lifters, pushrods, other valvetrain parts) for a rebuild. Anybody ever use 'em? Good company to work with? Thanks in advance for your responses.
Old 05-24-2003, 09:24 AM

I've used them and won't again. Try TByrne or Thunder Racing or one of the other sponsors of this board.
Old 05-24-2003, 09:29 AM

What particulary went bad in your experience with them? Just wondering.
Old 05-24-2003, 09:42 AM

Originally posted by Phatcaprice
What particulary went bad in your experience with them? Just wondering.
Do a search. Many people have had awful dealings with them. I would avoid them, if I were you.
Old 05-24-2003, 10:04 AM
Banned

lmao. ask trey about his cam experience!
Old 05-24-2003, 10:05 AM

Thanks for the advice all.
Old 05-24-2003, 11:11 AM
Super Moderator

I've ordered from them several times with great experiences. However, this was a couple/three years ago and when I'd call I'd almost always talk directly with the owner, Dennis. Now-a-days, I'm not sure how involved he is with the business... maybe they got too big too fast? Don't know but there does seem to be a number of people complaining about some of their dealings with them.

IMO, if you want to order from them (or anybody else for that matter) you should ask a few pointed questions and get good answers. I do this and have always done this which is why I guess I don't have problems... because I know what to expect.

Some questions you should always ask...

1. "Do you have this part in stock?" If the answer is no and you need it soon, then you order from somebody else... simple Realize too if they plan to drop ship it you run the risk of another party screwing up your order. So, if you really need it QUICK, make certain they have it IN STOCK and can put their hands on it.

2. Assuming it is in stock "When will you ship this out?". If they say tomorrow it has been my experience that they don't lie and actually ship it out tomorrow. If it is VERY important you get the part by a certain time then ask them to go "eyeball" the part for you to make sure they do in fact have it. None of these places we typically order from are so huge (except maybe Summit or Jegs) that they can't walk in the back and see if they have it.

If you ask those simple questions prior to placing your order, you shouldn't be surprised.
Old 05-24-2003, 12:24 PM

Bad experience for me

Well let me tell you my story. In the end it all worked out, BUT...

I had ordered things from Racenet/Internet Racer's Supply in the past - the last time about 2 years ago. Mostly small stuff like 160 thermos, wires, plugs, etc. They had always been great, and their prices were really cheap.

Well a little over a month ago, I ordered a Zex LT1 nitrous kit from them along with some small stuff like MSD 8.5 wires, NGK TR6 plugs, bottle heater, pressure gauge, and NX Power Booster.

Their price on the kit was awesome, $549 and it comes with an inline fuel pump! Try to find a comparable kit and add the cost of a fuel pump to that, or go to Zex's web site and notice the cost plus tack on $149 for an LT1 kit (because of the fuel pump).

So anyways, I got the small stuff in about a week. However, I waited forever on the Zex kit itself and the bottle heater. I would send them emails on what was going on, I NEVER got a response. I would call them, and, when they DID answer their phones, it was always the same thing. "We placed the ordered on 4/23, it should be their any day now".

It took telling them I was going to contact the BBB, my credit card company, and post about my experience here and elsewhere, take them to court, etc, for me to finally get my kit. They flat out LIED to me. When I FINALLY got my kit and bottle heater last week, the UPS shipment from Comp Cams (they lied about that too, said they ordered it directly from Zex) showed the order was placed on 5/14 and shipped out that same day via UPS 2nd Day Air. It literally said that on the shipment. So those f**kers (pardon my French) took my money and didn't even order the parts until I threatened to actually do something about it last week. Then they must've panicked and ordered it ASAP and have it sent out via 2 day air.

Anyways, did I get all my parts? Yes. Am I happy now? Yes. Would I ever order from Racenet/IRS again in my life? NO.

Sorry for the long message.

- Matt
'96 WS6 A4 ~ Just the basics...K&N, Cut-out, oh, and a 125-shot
Old 05-24-2003, 12:55 PM

unless your going there to pick up the parts and order them I would not order from racenet.
Old 05-24-2003, 12:59 PM
Banned

tell you what! why dont u just send me all the money that your going to send them and ill just tell you that im going to send you the parts and that would be the equivilant of a racenet transaction!