LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Anyone attending PRI? (sorta LT1 related)

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 02:39 PM

Anyone attending PRI? (sorta LT1 related)

This will be my 1st PRI show. I'll be wondering around the convention floor Friday and Saturday. Please grab me and say hello. I'll buy you a beer.

Add EDIT: Also, what will you be looking for at PRI? I'll be keeping an eye out for LT1 motor mods and or general LT1 modification ideas. I'll be looking for vendors that might have a low mount electric water pump or new LT1 cylinder head castings or more shaft rocker choices for the LT1, or maybe oil pans that give more header clearance. Maybe a nice set of valve covers that clear shaft rockers. Certainly I'll be looking for quality pistons, cranks and rods but it would be cool if the show had more than just LS1 innovations.

(I'll be the dude with the black AUTOSHOP t-shirt, in honor of Lennart Bergqvist)

Karl Ellwein
ELLWEIN ENGINES

Last edited by quickSS; 11-25-2006 at 10:21 AM. Reason: add relevant subject
Old 11-24-2006, 03:24 PM

I will be there. Going to opening breakfast and industry roundtable?
Old 11-24-2006, 03:55 PM

No. I wish I could but I won't be flying in until 9am Friday then picking up my CTS rental car and racing to the convention center...probably be there at 10am. I know I'm missing all of Thursday's good stuff.

karl
Old 11-25-2006, 07:07 AM

Moderator, I was wondering and hoping that you could move this thread back to LT1 tech because I wanted to meet LT1 owners and enthusiests at PRI. Also was going to speak about Mahle pistons for LT1 strokers, (and other SBC motors), They promised a quench pad dished piston in the near future. And possibly other things LT1 related could be talked about before, during or after PRI.

Thanks,
Karl Ellwein
Old 11-29-2006, 07:29 PM
Admin Emeritus

Just caught this after it was "edited", moved to where it now goes. Thanks for understanding.

I will be at PRI, I will look for you.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:06 AM

Karl,

I won't be at PRI (I wish I was) but I too am an LT1 owner that happens to live very close to you (I live in Leonardtown). PM me if you would like to talk some time.

Brian
Old 11-30-2006, 12:06 PM

Machinest and Jason,
Do you think there will be anything to see related to the LT1 at PRI? Or will it be LSX full speed ahead?

Brian, you probably race at MIR right? I made it to about 3 Midnight Madnesses this year. Getting too busy now with this engine building sideline.

Well, for PRI I have on my list of thing to do to get with Mahle and poke at them for quick release of the small block chevy dished piston with quench pad. I would use that piston with a Callies/Compstar Speedpack instead of the SRP piston of similar design. The more people that push for this the sooner they will start to make them. ?? Yea that's my thinking.

I'm going to ask whomever is at the GMPP booth to tell me the reason that they stopped making the LT4 intake manifold.

Karl
Old 11-30-2006, 12:38 PM
Banned

Karl,

So do I get a beer if I grap ya?

Bret
Old 11-30-2006, 02:01 PM

Yes Bret,
Beer yes. Grap yes. Grope nope. lol

Karl
Old 11-30-2006, 05:56 PM
Banned

lol, grab sorry about that!

Guess no freebie gropes of Karl though lol.

Bret
Old 11-30-2006, 07:35 PM

I just talked to Tony Ford at Mahle about the hoped for dished piston with quench pad. I was hoping that that piston would be produced soon, (maybe something they would have available at PRI). That's a no.

When you guys do stop and see the Mahle reps tell them you love their pistons and please produce more variety of on-the-shelf pistons. please please.

Karl
Old 11-30-2006, 07:58 PM

Other than all the gen 1 parts that carry over, I don't see any new releases for the LT1 from any company being really profitable. The MSD optispark and edelbrock intake are the latest things I know of.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:08 PM

I'm unable to make it this year. This will be the first one I have missed in 15 years. It sucks. Maybe we'll get the opportunity to all meet up next year.

Barry
Old 12-01-2006, 01:07 PM
West South Central Moderator

Karl, there will be a lot more out there than just LSX stuff. You will definitely have a great time! I hope to get the chance to go backin the future
Old 12-01-2006, 05:29 PM

Well, thankfully the LT1 rotaing assembly is Gen 1 with 1-piece rear so we got that going for us. LSX is the retirement/401K/Vacation cabin in Aspin fund for the performance racing industry.

Karl

Quick Reply: Anyone attending PRI? (sorta LT1 related)