LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Anyone attending PRI? (sorta LT1 related)

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 05:17 PM

Been searching and searching the PRI vendor database the past few days, (looking at core suppliers, surface coatings, piston manufactures.....to make it more affordable for me to put together street and race LT1 long blocks)

HEADS:
LT1/LT4 aftermarket heads. Right now we only have AFR (never in stock) and TFS, (and Edelbrocke). So howzabout All Pro or Brodix getting into it at least with a short production run of street and race 23deg heads machined for reverse cooling and LT1 intake? Any industry guys here ever ask them about that? Yea I know this might have been talked about before but it never hurts to ask again and bug their sales and engineering reps.

And again I'm going to let the GMPP guys know that I for one, and I'm sure many street rodders are pissed at GM for killing the GM LT4 intake. The GMLT4 head was my favorite out of the box street head.

Karl
Old 12-04-2006, 10:12 PM

All Pro won't do it. I tried to get him to modify a few sets of castings at the foundry, but he's just got too much going on. Bob's a very small operation, and it doesn't make sense for him to mess with an unprofitable project like that. He did, however, send my heads to me in an early semi-finished state so that I could do the conversion, and send them back to him to be finish machined.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:37 AM

Ahha. Interesting and good to know info. I won't go down that path then with All Pro. Karl
Old 12-05-2006, 01:48 AM

I asked Brodix about it at Car Craft this summer and they told me that they would modify Track 1 heads for LT1/LT4. $$ of course, but sounded like they would do it on an individual basis. Not sure if they guy that I spoke to was authrorized to promise that, but he made it sound like it wasn't a big deal.

Todd
Old 12-05-2006, 06:32 AM

shows how much I know about casting and machining of cylinder heads, (zilch).

The All Pro's have in their catalog the words, with "reverse cooling boss" for some of their heads. Possibly the water jacket is cast so that you can choose to machine a bigger hole in the head for where the LT1 block sends water out from pump and "in" to the heads?

Well, it's interesting.

Karl
Old 12-05-2006, 03:35 PM
Banned

Karl,

If you need anything converted let me know. The GM and Dart stuff is the best to convert and I think Dart has talked about a LT casting.

The All Pro cooling boss is for SBC heads converted to run that way, not bolt on a LT block.

Bret
Old 12-16-2006, 07:31 AM

Bret found some Dart LT1 heads. Pro1 180cc Looked promising for a nice street budget motor.

I found the best-for-shaft-rocker-clearance centerbolt valve covers and that's with Billet Fabrication standard centerbold fabricated valve covers. I knew they made them but now I know they will certainly clear the intake side of any shaft rocker.

MSD is begging for forgivness in their initial production run of the optispark that had no loctite for the rotor screws.

GM says "the LT4 intake was not selling so we dumped it" (paraphrased).
I say, "so what's this do to your LT4 cylinder head sales?
They say, "???????? D*oh"

Fun show.
kinda dizzy with my mind spinning around with visions of motor parts and new customers. LOL

Karl
Old 12-17-2006, 12:49 PM

The Dart Pro 1 LT1 were nice to see, they had LT1/LT4 written in black sharpie on the end and said it will most likely be offered in only a non-cnc version and maybe only a couple months away.

Good show, LSx stuff was everywhere.
Old 12-17-2006, 01:55 PM

I wish I saw this thread ealier. I stopped by dart but I had no idea they were going to prodice LT1 heads I would have loved to see them. I'll definatly be ging again next year if its in orlando again.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:35 PM

It will be in orlando for the next couple years, they are hoping to get back to Indy in 2008.