LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Anyone ever deal with Nevarez Racing Products in Las Vegas?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 09:14 PM

Anyone ever deal with Nevarez Racing Products in Las Vegas?

I've been trying to order a cam from them for about a month now, and I can't seem to get anywhere. I'm usually told, "I'm really busy right now, let me get your name and number and I'll call you back." 9 times out of ten they don't call back. The once in awhile that they do call back, I get told that they have to check with Comp Cams to verify lead time and once they hear back from Comp they will "call me back."

I called them again today and was told that they were waiting on an E-mail from Comp Cams.

I'm getting really nervous about ordering a cam through them because of all the run around. Anyone dealt with them in the past?

I called Comp Cams to see if they would just grind me the cam, and the grind I want from NRP is 'proprietary' to them and Comp Cams won't do it for me. They'll do one with the same lift, duration, and lobe separation; but I don't know what the intake center line is, ramp rate, or about a billion other small things that it would take for them to completely copy the cam.

What are your thoughts? Should I just go elsewhere and not get the exact cam that I want, or should I stick it out and give NRP a chance?
Old 05-28-2008, 12:57 PM

That is odd,
I know they are great guys over there at NRP (formerly Combination Motorsports). I would stick it out a little bit and see whats going on. Otherwise, give us a call or another sponsor on the board and we can get you taken care of.