LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

anyone have the edelbrock LT4 intake yet??

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 09:44 PM

anyone have the edelbrock LT4 intake yet??

i ordered mine the 2nd of november from summit. first it was delayed to the end of december, now its delayed til mid feb 07. anyone have theres yet??
Old 12-19-2006, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by 94/96ZsM6s
i ordered mine the 2nd of november from summit. first it was delayed to the end of december, now its delayed til mid feb 07. anyone have theres yet??
umm, highly unlikely, since none have gone out yet, as of right now, its looking like mid febuary?
Old 12-20-2006, 09:22 AM

I'm sure if someone on here does get one, a new thread with pictures of it will be very quick to follow.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:31 PM

they havent gone out yet. Edelbrock has been pushing the relese date back by 1 month, every month for the past 9 months.... lol

I got $500 that says you wont see them till mid to late summer of 07... at the earliest.

they debued this manifold at SEMA 2005!!!
Old 12-20-2006, 05:40 PM

This is not an Edelbrock problem, this is a marketing in general problem. The MSD opti was the same way, listed for sale in Summit nearly a year before actual release.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
This is not an Edelbrock problem, this is a marketing in general problem. The MSD opti was the same way, listed for sale in Summit nearly a year before actual release.
I have to disagree... we have already seen adds in magazines for Edelbrock that say... and I quote.. "NOW AVAILABLE". I know for a fact you dont just call up GMHTP and put an ad in the magazine in 3 weeks. It takes months to get the ad in.

and they are not available... Not a marketing problem with Summit and Jegs. Edelbrock is out pushing a product and is clearly not ready for some reason or another.

MSD pushed their product and released it in 6-7 months. Edelbrock has been pushing their product for 14 months and we now know its going to be ATLEAST another 3 before its "AVAILABLE".

I am sure they had every intention of releasing it earlier but they probably ran into problems they didnt forsee. They are still pushing it and now they simply look silly in the public eye...
Old 12-20-2006, 06:31 PM

This is the way a lot of companys roll.

For example. T C is a gun company that has a rifle and a pistol that has interchangeable barrels for multiple calibers. I own a T C Pro Hunter, Their new rifle line. I have had it for about 6 months. Last night I saw a comerical on the outdoor channel for a shotgun barrel for the T C Pro Hunter. I called them up and they said "We are not making them yet. And will not make them until we receive 30,000 orders. Then we will ship"

I asked why are they waiting. Man on phone "We are not gonna sit on 30,000 shotgun barrels"

That sounds like a ****ty way to do business to me but it appears to me that others use similar practices

Tim
Old 12-20-2006, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by KillWhitey
This is the way a lot of companys roll.

For example. T C is a gun company that has a rifle and a pistol that has interchangeable barrels for multiple calibers. I own a T C Pro Hunter, Their new rifle line. I have had it for about 6 months. Last night I saw a comerical on the outdoor channel for a shotgun barrel for the T C Pro Hunter. I called them up and they said "We are not making them yet. And will not make them until we receive 30,000 orders. Then we will ship"

I asked why are they waiting. Man on phone "We are not gonna sit on 30,000 shotgun barrels"

That sounds like a ****ty way to do business to me but it appears to me that others use similar practices

Tim
It happens. Some companies chose to do it that way to limit their overhead but they take a chance of not ever getting the product out. Personally I got tired of waiting and bought an LT4. Edelbrock left a bad taste in my mouth after they pushed it and then wouldnt sell it to me. I moved on.

It would be nice to see an aftermarket intake for the LTx crowd, but with Edelbrock dont hold your breath. You might pass out form the lack of oxygen... and when you come too it will still be a distant dream...

My advice, if you dont need it for atleast 6 more months, then wait. If you need one now or will need one before then you better buy an LT4 on ebay or here.

AFR wouldnt sell me a set of race ported 210's because they had "new 23* heads" they were working on and they would be out soon. That was 9 months ago. Right now I have a bad azz set of Trick Flows on my motor out in the garage. AFR still doesnt have their new head out. So yes it does happen all the time. I just wouldnt wait cause you will most likely be waiting 2 to 3 times what they are telling you.
Old 12-21-2006, 05:44 PM

MSD was offered for sale MUCH more than 6-8 months before it was ready and MSD was pushing it too. It was offered for sale in fall but it was mis spring before they were testing them on vehicles and months later before they shipped.
This is buisiness marketing as a whole I would not limit it even just to automotive products.

As Tim said above they want orders to make sure it is OK to move forward with production.
Old 12-21-2006, 06:23 PM
Banned

IMO when you put that edelbrock on the car it will either be the same or less power.

Go buy you some edelbrock headers while your at it.....

They will probly test it and then quit making it anyway
Old 12-21-2006, 07:52 PM

yeah i'm wondering if people are buying this intake thinking it's going to raise power levels significantly...
Old 12-22-2006, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by SS RRR
yeah i'm wondering if people are buying this intake thinking it's going to raise power levels significantly...
Considering the GM NOS supply of new LT4 intakes has been depleted and the used supply is very limited, Edelbrock should have some good sales potential with the LT4. Even if there isn’t any real performance gains, it would still be the only source of new LT4 intakes on the market.

WD
Old 12-22-2006, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by The Engineer
Considering the GM NOS supply of new LT4 intakes has been depleted and the used supply is very limited, Edelbrock should have some good sales potential with the LT4. Even if there isn’t any real performance gains, it would still be the only source of new LT4 intakes on the market.

WD
And most folks will not do the LITTLE amount of research necessary to learn it is very easy to make an LT1 intake equivalent to an LT4. Weld a little material on top of the ports and machine the flange and you are done. The LT4 intake manifold ports were the same size and location as LT1 ports , just more material on top of them to seal to the taller ports in the heads, which does mean there is material to port to match but most folks do not even want to know that.

They want to blindly put the LT4 stuff on a pedestal and not learn just how similar it was to LT1 stuff.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:00 PM

I recall the days when IBM use to "Announce" a new product. The intent was to scare their customers away from a competitor's product that was ready to go. With IBM , they would whisper that their new fangled product/system was way ahead of the competitor's and that it would be unwise to invest in product X when product Y was just around the corner.

It use to keep customers sitting on their hands and frustrate the competitors....until the Law stepped in and ordered IBM to stop the whisper campaign and only announce products when they are actually available. I would surmise that Edelbrock is playing somewhat of the same game, but no one's calling their bluff.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
And most folks will not do the LITTLE amount of research necessary to learn it is very easy to make an LT1 intake equivalent to an LT4. Weld a little material on top of the ports and machine the flange and you are done. The LT4 intake manifold ports were the same size and location as LT1 ports , just more material on top of them to seal to the taller ports in the heads, which does mean there is material to port to match but most folks do not even want to know that.

They want to blindly put the LT4 stuff on a pedestal and not learn just how similar it was to LT1 stuff.
Since you metioned it. What about porting the Edelborck LT4 when it comes out? Would there be an advantage to a ported LT4 (Edlbrk) intake and ported LT4 heads vs. ported LT1 intake and ported LT1 heads? Can Edlbrk LT4 intake be ported? Also are trickflows any better for porting than stock LT1 or LT4 heads? Looking to do heads and cam by this summer.

Thanks

Quick Reply: anyone have the edelbrock LT4 intake yet??