LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

anyone have a hooker aerochamber muffler?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2004, 07:08 PM

anyone have a hooker aerochamber muffler?

I just ordered one so I was just wondering what people that of them. I'm gonna keep the stock inlet pipe and have this exhaust place make me some tailpipes and tips. The soundclip on their page sounded pretty nice...
Old 05-09-2004, 07:10 PM

I just put on my hooker catback 2 days ago and LOVE IT!! from the inside of the car it doesnt sound too much louder than stock, but when your outside there is quite a big difference. At idle its not loud at all IMO, but when you get on it, it lets you know its there!
Old 05-09-2004, 07:17 PM

flowmaster muffler made too much interior noise for me, switched to aero chamber and love it..... Had it for 3 years now..
Old 05-09-2004, 07:54 PM

I have one, I love it.
Old 05-09-2004, 08:35 PM

I like mine.
Old 05-09-2004, 09:36 PM

I've had an aerochamber on for a couple weeks... It wasn't very loud at first, but after breaking it in it's gotten louder and has a nice distinctive sound... Give it a couple hundred miles to liven up... It is quiet at idle and cruising but sounds great accelerating.
Old 05-09-2004, 09:45 PM

Originally posted by 94Z28WP
I've had an aerochamber on for a couple weeks... It wasn't very loud at first, but after breaking it in it's gotten louder and has a nice distinctive sound... Give it a couple hundred miles to liven up... It is quiet at idle and cruising but sounds great accelerating.
I got mine last Thursday,(after two months backorder from Jegs,) and had an exhaust shop weld it on Friday. It was reeeeeally quiet, almost softer than stock, when I first drove it. I was almost mad at how silent it was. After I drove it around a bit, it seemed to get louder and louder as it burned that waxy coating off.

Definately a great sounding system though.
Old 05-09-2004, 09:50 PM

The best sounding muffler for the F-body in my opinion.

Dan
Old 05-09-2004, 10:11 PM

Originally posted by DonHood
It was reeeeeally quiet, almost softer than stock, when I first drove it. I was almost mad at how silent it was.
Yep, that was my exact feeling at first... I was expecting a roar but got something that sounded close to stock... I initially wasn't happy but I figured I'd give it time to work in... I originally wanted a Flowmaster but from all the negative feedback here about it, I decided to try the Hooker which people seem to love... After driving it for a while and it coming to life, I've grown to love the sound.
Old 05-09-2004, 10:15 PM

damn...2 months on backorder with jegs... i just called up summit racing saturday cuz i live in ohio so i was just gonna go up and pick it up but i figured i'd call first cuz its about an hour and a half away from me. They said they had only 1 left in stock and that it was in the nevada store. So i guess i'm damn lucky to be gettin it! but i'm only doin the muffler and tailpipes and tips..not the full catback.. but after breaking it in it'll still be loud? how long does it take to break in?
Old 05-09-2004, 10:38 PM

Re: ......

Originally posted by lankie_25
damn...2 months on backorder with jegs... i just called up summit racing saturday cuz i live in ohio so i was just gonna go up and pick it up but i figured i'd call first cuz its about an hour and a half away from me. They said they had only 1 left in stock and that it was in the nevada store. So i guess i'm damn lucky to be gettin it! but i'm only doin the muffler and tailpipes and tips..not the full catback.. but after breaking it in it'll still be loud? how long does it take to break in?
Yeah, I ordered it the middle of March, and nearly called and cancelled it. I got on their website to see what the number for customer support was, and checked my order status while I was at it. Apparently they had shipped it the day before, and I recieved it the day after that.

I'm running the full cat-back, but I doubt there will be much difference in sound with what you're doing. Mine got a lot louder the first time I drove it around. It smoked a bit more than I expected it to, but I guess that was just the coating burning off. It's been on since Friday, and it still seems to get louder every time I drive it. At certain rpm's, especially around 2100 - 3000, it almost sounds like a Mustang that's hit puberty.
Old 05-09-2004, 10:44 PM

do you know how many inches ur tubing is?
Old 05-09-2004, 10:49 PM

Originally posted by lankie_25
do you know how many inches ur tubing is?
Well, I don't like to brag, but when erect it's just about....

OHHHH, my exhaust.

Pretty sure it's 3"......thick

Last edited by DonHood; 05-09-2004 at 10:51 PM.
Old 05-09-2004, 10:52 PM

i have had mine for over a year now and like it a lot more than the flowmaster i had on it b4.
Old 05-09-2004, 10:52 PM

I put the same style aerochamber on my car here recently, 3" inlet, dual 2.5" outlets into new 2.5" tailpipes into some 2.5" in/dual 3" out chrome tips that my muffler shop had. It sounds awesome....I did notice it get a little louder after about a week or so of driving. It gets real loud up past about 3500 rpms...makin it much more fun to take the revs up and row it thru the gears

Quick Reply: anyone have a hooker aerochamber muffler?