LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Anyone running HAL shocks in here please!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2003, 02:14 PM

Anyone running HAL shocks in here please!

hey whats up guys. welp i am getting ready to take my car off jackstands after installing everything for the last 3 months, and i just had a quick question about my HAL shocks that i installed with Eibach prokit springs. what settings are you guys running them on? i put them at the 5th setting when installing them but wasnt sure what would be the best setting. also which will lower it more, turning all the way clockwise, or counter-clockwise? i was thinking about just taking it off the jackstands then adjusting it from there but i was just wondering if you guys had any suggestions about which setting would be better before i took it down. thanks in advance!
Old 06-04-2003, 02:17 PM
Administrator

You need to play with the settings and see what is best for your combo. To start, turn the **** all the way counter-clockwise.... that is the softest setting. Start the backs a 5 and the fronts at 6 or 7 clicks up from the full counter-clockwise setting. At the track, I leave the backs alone, and run the fronts at 1 or 2 clicks.
Old 06-04-2003, 02:18 PM

Well... First.. CHanging the settings won't raise or lower the car.. only change the rebound and damping characteristic's of the shock.. YOu have to man handle the adj. on the body of the shock w/ that nice lil tool they give ya.. As far as street driving..i drive on 11 in the front and 8 in the rear.. keeps my car from bottoming out in NY.. LIttle rough.... Take it out and figure out what settings will work w/ your car.. Good luck.. Enjoy they are amazing shocks..
Old 06-04-2003, 05:33 PM

thanks for the help guys! yeah i guess i will just mess with the settings and see what happens from there. im probably gonna start with the 7ish on the front and 5 on the rears. anyways thanks again for the info i appreciate it!
Old 06-04-2003, 05:45 PM

My experience with the HAL's has been pretty good, but I run mine at 3...anything else and I feel like I'm in a lowered pick up truck.
Old 06-04-2003, 09:39 PM
Administrator

Originally posted by bad96firechikin
My experience with the HAL's has been pretty good, but I run mine at 3...anything else and I feel like I'm in a lowered pick up truck.
Funny you would describe it that way.... when I first put in my HAL's with the Eibach Pro-Kit springs, I described it as riding "like a slammed S-10, riding on the axle". I had to crank the back shocks down so far to get rid of the see-saw motion that they weren't doing much at all.

I think the HAL's don't like progressive lowering springs. When I swapped in a pair of the Eibach Drag Launch springs in the back, and the HAL drag springs in the front, the choppy lowered pickup ride disappeared.