LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Arlington Motorsports (AMS) is stealing $3100 from me

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2003, 02:38 PM

This, my friends is why I use a credit card for those purchases and only authorize them to charge the card within 6 hours of shipment WITH confirmation.
What's with the shady shops in Texas and the occasional shady texas board member. I believe that was where a guy a few months back was from that got GRILLED on here for not delivering some heads or something to somone.
Then you've got Hennessey. I hear they are actually opening up a branch of the BBB there just to deal with complaints about him. What's the # now of unsatisfied Viper owners? 35 serperate complaints w/ only 6 resolved last I checked. From what I hear, Motor Trend, which singal handedly made them famous has broken ALL ties w/ them and offered free subscriptions to readers who dealt with Hennessey after hearing about them through MT.
Old 03-05-2003, 03:14 PM

This ain't Kansas Dorthy and anyone can sue anybody at anytime for anything.

And you can be prosecuted too.

The deal is though, in order to sue, you need to spend money for a lawyer, get a judgement and hope the defendant can actually make good.

In order for the Atty. Gen. to even handle a situation like this, there has to be a provable intent to defraud, which in this case there is none.

Bottom line is poor service and communication here. Nothing more.

All will be well soon and OZ will just be a bad dream.
Old 03-05-2003, 03:21 PM

This may or may not be fraud but it is definitely some poor business practice. I hope anyone thinking about buying from these people think twice.
Old 03-05-2003, 03:35 PM

After going thru all of this , I wouldnt accept the motor . Even if you get it finally , I couldnt trust the integrity of it . I would go for getting the money returned rather than getting the motor at this point . I know situations dont always permit , but I would also be making arrangements to personally pick the money up from AMS .

Good luck man ...sorry ya got screwed . Ive been there with AMS
Old 03-05-2003, 03:50 PM

I love it.

This wasn't a "business" transaction per se.

It was a personal agreement between 2 parties, one seller and one buyer.

Would you give someone $3100.00 you met on the street who said they would sell you something that was probably worth much more, even though you hadn't inspected the merchandise?

Well if you are older than 12, probably not. But given that same opportunity over the internet with a valid Business name and E-Mail address, diffferent story.

If the seller makes good here (on top of the apology already given) I'd deal with them in a NY minute, if the deal was good enough.

One caveat being,COD.JMHO
Old 03-05-2003, 04:01 PM

uh bubba, this was a business transaction and I can't fathom why you'd see otherwise. the email address I recieved my informaion from was info@arlingtonmotorsports.com . In the emails, Keith and Elizabeth gave me the business number and used their AMS info. Period. The check was made out to AMS.

now let me here your opinion

And this wasn't an unresearched deal. I contact several people about AMS and got pretty good responses. And the people I contacted were deffinitely legit. So please, don't hyjack this thread by getting into an arguement about this deal. I don't need any more aggrivation...
Old 03-05-2003, 04:06 PM

COD won't save you from a bad engine as well as a visa or american express does. Call the cops in there area and talk to a detective. That doesn't work call the fbi, this is more like interstate fraud. Already I would be suspecting the engine is going to be junk when you finally do get it. Sorry, sounds like you did almost everything right but got screwed around by idiots anyway.

Hal
Old 03-05-2003, 04:07 PM

I love it! Not a "business transaction"? If these people are pawning themselves off as a business then what is it? Even if they come through after all of this, then they definitely showed some poor judgement by not keeping this seller fully aprised step by step after they accepted his money. I wouldn't do business with them even if they got on this board and apologised. If this is not Arlington Motor Sports then what's up with the e-mail address?
Old 03-05-2003, 04:11 PM

Forgetting something? I'm the one who called them personally to check it out for you.

As for the "business" thing: I'm just repeating what the lady said, which was 'the deal was not made through the company'.

By "businss deal" I mean dealing with a Business directly and not with an employee or business partner, or even owner.

If the CEO of GM sold you his personal Saturn, would you sue GM or the CEO? That's what I meant.

Having said that (have nothing better to do, obviously) I hope you get what you paid for in a couple of days and that everything works out for you.
Old 03-05-2003, 04:31 PM

Originally posted by BUBBA
By "businss deal" I mean dealing with a Business directly and not with an employee or business partner, or even owner.
Sounds like a cop out to me. Most garage owners (and business people) with any sense don't allow the employees to do side work. The reason being that when they do something stupid, it reflects back on the garages (business) reputation. If these aren't the owners of AMS then I hope someone notifies them that their name is being dragged through the mud so they can deal with said employee in a timely fashion.
Old 03-05-2003, 04:35 PM

Originally posted by BUBBA
This ain't Kansas Dorthy and anyone can sue anybody at anytime for anything.

And you can be prosecuted too.

The deal is though, in order to sue, you need to spend money for a lawyer, get a judgement and hope the defendant can actually make good.

In order for the Atty. Gen. to even handle a situation like this, there has to be a provable intent to defraud, which in this case there is none.

Bottom line is poor service and communication here. Nothing more.

All will be well soon and OZ will just be a bad dream.
Wow, that's real intelligent. I make a legitimate post and all you can do is call me names and make fun of where I live. You're proving your own lack of intellect and therefore incredibility of your own arguments. This is further supported by the fact that you believe that Maryland and/or Kansas function outside the reality that the rest of the world endures.

How many members of your family work in the Attorney General's Office that you can call with fraud questions at any time? I thought so.

Finally, who said anything about a law suit? I am talking about taking legal action against a fraudulant seller. Believe it or not there is precidence for such an occurance.

All will be well soon and your ignorance will just be a bad dream.

-Chris

Last edited by Chrisbequick; 03-05-2003 at 04:40 PM.
Old 03-05-2003, 05:02 PM

Chris and Bubba: I've done my best to keep this professional so i'd like it if you'd do the same.

UPDATE:
I've talked to AMS today (Liz actually left me a voice message yesterday. I assume she read the LS1tech post.) and they sent me a tracking number today (it ACTUALLY shipped today!!!). I'll update more when I get updates.

Jesse
Old 03-05-2003, 05:09 PM

Hey; I'm just jerking your chain.

Something I've learned having been the target sooo many times since joining this site.

Truth is, I'm here to help anyone, anytime, with anything (bare in mind that I don't know jack) but I try.
Old 03-05-2003, 05:26 PM

Bubba, Jesse said the check was made out to AMS. That is a deal with that business as far as ANYONE is concerned. I believe them LESS then I believe the paperwork. Even if it was a weird deal an employee got AMS to do it still doesn't matter, they are liable (only AMS could cash the check which they did).

At this point I would let Jesse alone. Your comments are belittling Jesse more than you think. If someone on the board was this tough on you I would call them on it as well.

Hal
Old 03-05-2003, 05:47 PM

At this point I would let Jesse alone. Your comments are belittling Jesse more than you think. If someone on the board was this tough on you I would call them on it as well.

Not what I was getting at, but that applies as well. I was just saying that we should keep this discussion going, but it should be kept professional so it will be beneficial too all parties involved

Quick Reply: Arlington Motorsports (AMS) is stealing $3100 from me