LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Arlington Motorsports (AMS) is stealing $3100 from me

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2003, 05:58 PM

Bummer

Jesse. I feel your pain like most of the guys on this board. From what I've read you were reasonably prudent, did some research, and even checked references. All of this seems a reasonable amount of research prior to making a mail order sale and I believe that you have every right to expect that the motor would be delivered as promised. I think that you have recourse, even if you get the engine. The BBB is a good place to start. In addition filing a complaint is a fairly straight forward process and does not cost "millions". I'm not saying that a law enforcement agency will file charges but I would be willing to bet that the business gets a friendly call at a minimum, and no business, that wants to stay in business, likes this kind of call. Good luck to you. Don't let some of the "Legal Experts", on this board deter you. Fight for what you feel is right. Good Luck
Old 03-05-2003, 06:24 PM

Lightbulb Wish ya Good look and TTT for ya

I really don’t thing they are out there to rip people off. I do agree they very non professional hobbits. Please feel free to post TC and LS1 make sure you do under Texas section
Old 03-05-2003, 06:27 PM
Banned

I had a problem like this with Racenet and SLP. Niether would answer me until it went public.

Jim Lab's Problem

My problem

SLP sucks

another racenet/IRS problem

SLP kept in touch through that whole terrible thread- the MOMENT it was locked, they stopped emailing me

Racenet would never say anything but "thats not true sir."
finally they respond in that thread. after my buddies back me up, they never say another word.

bottom line?
if this wasnt public,you wouldnt be getting a motor. Just remember that..

only thing as disturbing as the theft is how LS1.com locks threads when the integrity of vendors comes into play.
This forum has booted (one way or another) a good number of jerks who advertised here
Old 03-05-2003, 06:33 PM
Administrator

Originally posted by BUBBA
I love it.

This wasn't a "business" transaction per se.

It was a personal agreement between 2 parties, one seller and one buyer.

Would you give someone $3100.00 you met on the street who said they would sell you something that was probably worth much more, even though you hadn't inspected the merchandise?

Well if you are older than 12, probably not. But given that same opportunity over the internet with a valid Business name and E-Mail address, diffferent story.

If the seller makes good here (on top of the apology already given) I'd deal with them in a NY minute, if the deal was good enough.

One caveat being,COD.JMHO
BUBBA:

Just curious.... from which law school did you get your Juris Doctorate degree? In what states are you licensed to practice law? Did you finish last in your class?

Hard to believe you are defending AMS so vigorously... the evidence presented seems to make a very strong case for Jesse's position, and the responses on ls1tech.com from AMS would appear to confirm many of the facts presented by Jesse.

It appears you're the kind of guy who figures:

1) anyone who gets screwed deserves it.

2) the best approach when you get screwed is to lay back and enjoy it.

You're definitely on the losing side in this argument.

Just to keep everthing clear... these are my opinions as an individual member of this board, and do not reflect those of the board.... batteries not included, some assembly required.
Old 03-05-2003, 06:38 PM

Originally posted by Injuneer
BUBBA:

Just curious.... from which law school did you get your Juris Doctorate degree? In what states are you licensed to practice law? Did you finish last in your class?

Hard to believe you are defending AMS so vigorously... the evidence presented seems to make a very strong case for Jesse's position, and the responses on ls1tech.com from AMS would appear to confirm many of the facts presented by Jesse.

It appears you're the kind of guy who figures:

1) anyone who gets screwed deserves it.

2) the best approach when you get screwed is to lay back and enjoy it.

You're definitely on the losing side in this argument.

Just to keep everthing clear... these are my opinions as an individual member of this board, and do not reflect those of the board.... batteries not included, some assembly required.
Ditto..................but I'm solar powered..................
Old 03-06-2003, 10:51 AM

ttt
Old 03-06-2003, 11:33 AM

heres another one for u TTT
Old 03-06-2003, 12:05 PM

i still cant believe still crap....

ttt
Old 03-06-2003, 12:14 PM

Post their phone number and we can all drop them a friendly message

Sorry to hear about this, that's a lot of money.
Old 03-06-2003, 12:17 PM

Attempt twice to respond, but to no avail, so I will be brief just in case the darn thing doesn't work again.

Yes, actually attended prestigious Law School. Not issue here.

If you read all my responses objectively, you may come up with another conclusion. I was only trying to put things in perspective.

I was the one who personally called AMS to get the lowdown.

Getting a bit weary. Make a deal with ya with no hard feelings.

Take a vote. If you don't appreciate my participation (almost 6 years) I will sign off. No problem.
Old 03-06-2003, 12:20 PM

Lets hope the engine is everything they claimed it to be.
Old 03-06-2003, 01:08 PM

correct me if im wrong, but isnt AMS the ones who build/modify the WS6 cars? maybe they are just sad that GM stopped production on the firebird and need all the money they can get, lol. youd figure theyd be handling this better......
good luck and get that thing dynod before you throw it in your car!
brian
Old 03-06-2003, 01:14 PM

Post their phone number and we can all drop them a friendly message
As much as I like that idea, I pleed with you not to do that. No need to cause them any more problems. My motor is on the way (I verified it with the shipping company) and AMS said they will compensate me for the time they costed me. We'll see if they make good on their promise this time.

If you read all my responses objectively, you may come up with another conclusion. I was only trying to put things in perspective.

I was the one who personally called AMS to get the lowdown.

Getting a bit weary. Make a deal with ya with no hard feelings.

Take a vote. If you don't appreciate my participation (almost 6 years) I will sign off. No problem.
You have been an excellent friend BUBBA. Only a select few have called AMS to try to help me. Keep in mind everyone that I have NO idea who BUBBA is. He's a complete stranger that tried to help me based on MY WORD alone. That alone makes a friend in my book.

Lets hope the engine is everything they claimed it to be.
I will be having it tore down when it gets here to make sure. Its not that I don't trust them though. I'm just can't take any chances with 700+ hp. I don't exactly want to build this twice.

Last edited by Jesse_Boyer; 03-06-2003 at 01:16 PM.
Old 03-06-2003, 01:15 PM

One final comment before this horse expires:

The thread says "Arlington Motorsports (AMS) "stealing" 3100 from me...

Pretty stong indictment.

Was this actually the case?

According to most of the responses, AMS was tried, convicted and sentenced before the whole story was known.

Not defending or excusing anyone.

Does this warrent destroying AMS?

Maybe it does. Maybe it doesn't.JMHO
Old 03-06-2003, 01:20 PM

BUBBA:
point taken. However, when numerous emails and phone calls go unanswered for over 2 weeks, the motor doesn't show up weeks after the original shipping date, with NO WORD whatsoever as to why it happened, I had to assume I was being taken. Especially since the night before I posted this I spoke with several people who had problems with AMS.

Also, for some reason I think BUBBA and I would get along if we ever met.

Quick Reply: Arlington Motorsports (AMS) is stealing $3100 from me