LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Arlington Motorsports (AMS) is stealing $3100 from me

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2003, 08:46 PM

Originally posted by TransAm219
Since the check cleared a month ago i dont think you can put a stop payment on it but I am sure there are ways to put a crunch on these people one way or another , I think the law should be able to help somehow

I get anxious about a $60.00 order if it does not get to me in a week or so . I can only imagine how you must feel

TTT for U
I'm to lazy to read the other 6 pages, but you have 90 days to stop it.

In my line of business people stop checks all the time without reason which screws me over, which is how i know how east this is to do.
Old 03-11-2003, 10:21 PM

Originally posted by BigDaddy
If AMS wants to protect their reputation, they should not allow their people to use AMS email, and contact info for their own personal transactions. By allowing this to happen they share some responsibility in this whole ordeal. The use of the ams contact info contributed to the buyer being more confident that the seller was more legit than he actually was. It's almost as if they were sanctioning the transaction. This is the reason most companies have policies regarding work email being used for personal things like this. It's not very professional of AMS.
The people I was dealing with, Keith and Elizabeth Moore, are the OWNERS of AMS. So, this leads me to believe that Keith would conduct business EXACTLY the same way whether he's using AMS as a front or not. JMHO

I'm to lazy to read the other 6 pages, but you have 90 days to stop it.

In my line of business people stop checks all the time without reason which screws me over, which is how i know how east this is to do.
You can't put a stop payment on the check if its been cashed already and it's cleared the account... can you? Either way, mines been cashed, i've got my product.
Old 03-11-2003, 10:25 PM

Well its good to hear you got the motor.

But to answer your question, yeah, people who purchased from us in early January after we paid our expenses, disputed the charge with the bank, and the $$ gets yanked out of our acct. At this point, it becomes a civil matter and we'd have to sue these deadbeats to try and get our money, which isn't worth it.

We loose about $3-5k a week from bad checks and chargebacks.
Old 03-12-2003, 08:42 AM

Remember my post above,
Seriously, Japanese bearings riding in the original GM races. Thats just lazy, sloppy, stupid. Tearing it down would be a PITA after such a long ordeal anyway but its YOUR car.
Old 03-18-2003, 12:05 AM

Smile

Jesse: Have you torn it down/inspected the engine yet? Made sure the GTP heads are stg III (Ti retainers?) Please keep us in "the loop."

Ryan
Old 03-18-2003, 12:13 AM

any news yet?
Old 03-18-2003, 12:49 AM

Actually, I went home to verify the motor arrived. It had. Also, the "ported" intake was there in a separate box. HARDLY looks ported. It does appear to have some porting done on the part where the throttle body bolts to, but thats about it. The ports look to be untouched. Once again, this was just at first glance as i didn't have time to fully examine everything. I'll get pics in a couple weeks when I'm home again.

NOW, onto the motor... How do I verify that the retainers are Ti??? Any other way to tell if the heads are infact GTP's work, let alone stage 3's??? Does GTP stamp their heads?? Where is the part number stamped on the crank (GM crank)?? the rods (Eagle H-beams)??? the main caps? Can any of the part numbers be seen if I pull the pan??

I will say this: the motor was sitting on the pallet, on its side, leaking oil because its sitting on the filter. Not wrapped especially well either. But that could have possible been because the wind had moved some of the plastic wrap. But the filter-ordeal kinda bothers me

I will have pics of the entire unit when I get home

Jesse
Old 03-18-2003, 12:54 AM

My condolences...

That really SUCKED Jesse.
Any reputable mechanics by where you live? Maybe you could find a way to get them to come by & check your engine for you? Buy them dinner, $50 bucks, something for their time? What's an extra few bucks for personal piece of mind?

TTT
Old 03-18-2003, 09:32 AM

Put a magnet on the retainers...if they are Ti, they won't attract. If they do, its a steal retainer. Basically, the difference in GTP IIs and IIIs is Ti retainers & beefier springs. Since you are upgrading the springs, the GTP III is pretty much a marketing job - there is no difference in flow on them and stg IIs.

I'm fairly sure GTP marks their heads, but if not Craig can tell his work - so worst case scenario you can send him the heads.

I would let AMS know you are going to inspect the motor thoroughly, and you will be demanding a refund or reibursment for the amount it costs to get the engine back to "as advertised" condition.

Good luck,
Ryan