LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Attn. cz28 lt1 members

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2004, 12:47 AM

Attn. cz28 lt1 members

I will no longer be making custom grind cams, since some fellow board members seems to think I must be making a killing on these things and its been mentioned several times about not being vendor.... .For those of you who do have one of my cams good luck this season...I'll keep a eye on the board for updates..

Goodluck everyone this season!!!!!
Old 03-05-2004, 12:50 AM

"one bad apple ruins the whole bunch"
you know who you are.....THANKS

i for one (there are others) that thought you were doing one hell of a good thing for the LT1 community as a whole!!

good luck with your ventures Joe!

Last edited by simple; 03-05-2004 at 12:56 AM.
Old 03-05-2004, 12:53 AM

Originally posted by simple
"one bad apple ruins the whole bunch"
thanks "xxsaint69xx"

i for one (there are others) that thought you were doing one hell of a good thing for the LT1 community as a whole!!

good luck with your ventures Joe!
Very well said. I'm just glad I already got my cam from you. These things are going to be worth more money now. (big demand/no supply)
Old 03-05-2004, 12:56 AM

my car isnt done yet...
Old 03-05-2004, 01:04 AM

It can't be!!

My car isn't done yet either. I think I'm feeling depressed now. I was looking forward to getting a custom cam from Joe when I got my heads done. I planned on having this all done by summer. What to do Joe? Don't let one person get to you; who cares what people say. You're helping others make their cars faster, which is a big part of my life. Hopefully you will change your mind, but if you don't good luck with what your doing.
Old 03-05-2004, 01:11 AM

Smile I'd like you to change your mind

Well since I was planning on a cam in the near future and didnt know enough to do it on my own, I had decided on getting a custom cam from you. Seeing such great numbers I was very excited about the idea. If you ever change you mind, please look up this thread and contact me. Ladiesman@cutey.com. Its too bad that you would stop using your talent b/c of what people would say on this board. Good Luck in the future sir, I never got to know you much, but I hope I could someday, and maybe just maybe talk you into making a sweet secret cam to take the legs out from under my competition.

-Dustin-
Old 03-05-2004, 07:40 AM

Its sad.. Just f'n sad..
Old 03-05-2004, 08:25 AM

Joe,

Lot of the people on boards are morons, I think we all can agree on that easily. Its just as simple as that, they dont know the full scope of it and make posts. I wouldnt let those few idiots stop you.
Old 03-05-2004, 08:38 AM

I joined this site a little over a year ago .... When i joined i thought it was a great site with awesome members.. The info was endless and everybody was nice..... Now it just seems like alot of people are out to put people down for what they do or their beliefs (ie. exhaust , cams,head porters, etc.).... If someone doesn't want to tell you everything about their car or whatever they do then that is their right.... Joe is a good guy and all he did was help people out .... Hell he spent alot of time with my car just getting the tune correct .....The nice thing is i already have one of his cams and i know the specs So the ones out their that pushed Joe to the point of where he is at now and you know who you are, I hope you are happy..... Sorry it came to this Joe and Good Luck ....

Thanks Chris
Old 03-05-2004, 09:08 AM

Hey i really dont care if he grinds any more cams or not, BUT I must ask....

if you come on a board, tell what you can do with your service, and not share how its done, then what purpose does that post have other than to generate business?

I have no problems with joe making cams for customers on a custom ground basis. Dont advertise for it on the boards with results (this wasnt even the customer who came on and started the post, it was joe himself) like "look how much hp I made with this cam!" and then not even answer questions about it. What a waste of bandwidth.

Then when pushed he refused to put up SAE corrections or the dyno graph.

My .02, but I must be an *******.

EDIT: Come to think of it, i WANT you to keep making cams and selling them for lts of money. Nope you arent making anything from it though. I wonder what your newest 450 rwhp beast will trap, maybe 118, but it must be a full weight convertible (with every body panel filled with lead and mis-geared). Folks, you cant re-invent the wheel, and you can only do so many things with a cam lobe before it is necessary to go solid roller. People are guillible enough to think that with a simple cam swap you are picking up 40+ rwhp from other well known and researched cams being used. Few options here, a) its simply not true. Or b), you are pulling out every dyno tric in the book. (High gears, small rear, CF driveshaft, no belt, iced intake, correction factors that have been altered in the computer etc)

Last edited by atljar; 03-05-2004 at 09:23 AM.
Old 03-05-2004, 09:23 AM

Originally posted by atljar

if you come on a board, tell what you can do with your service, and not share how its done, then what purpose does that post have other than to generate business?

Then when pushed he refused to put up SAE corrections or the dyno graph.

My .02, but I must be an *******.
Im still trying to make sense of this...you accuse him of advertising on here by posting results (just like every other person on this board does) then less than a week later he stops making cams for LT1s (well maybe just people on here) and you can still accuse him of advertising, seems to me you would need to have to make a product to advertise for it

And read the thread, it was said that more numbers/sae corrections would be posted up in the ensuing weeks...but doubtful that will happen now that people had to bitch and whine in the thread...

One question...say someone posted in the board their results...and they were awesome results with what he had...and it was not a custom cam, just off the shelf, and he wouldnt reveal what cam....would you guys have gone to the lengths you did in Joes post????? Very doubtful.

Again, flaming no one, just trying to figure this all out.

Its just human nature to be jealous of someone that does something to such an extent that you cant come close to it without that persons help...we as humans are independant, well human Males...
Old 03-05-2004, 09:28 AM

Originally posted by atljar

EDIT: Come to think of it, i WANT you to keep making cams and selling them for lts of money. Nope you arent making anything from it though. I wonder what your newest 450 rwhp beast will trap, maybe 118, but it must be a full weight convertible (with every body panel filled with lead and mis-geared). Folks, you cant re-invent the wheel, and you can only do so many things with a cam lobe before it is necessary to go solid roller. People are guillible enough to think that with a simple cam swap you are picking up 40+ rwhp from other well known and researched cams being used. Few options here, a) its simply not true. Or b), you are pulling out every dyno tric in the book. (High gears, small rear, CF driveshaft, no belt, iced intake, correction factors that have been altered in the computer etc)
First, I dont consider $350 for a steel billet cam lots of money, since a steel billet OTS cam is around $300, and custom from say Crane probly $325, so that leaves him with $25 profit, but thats a lot I guess

Second...how long have people been modifying LT1s? 10 years at the absolute most...cams probly didnt come out for them specifically till 95....didnt get reconized or good at all till 96/97....so well say 8 years of decent cams being made for LT1s

How long has the SBC been around 50 some years? And dont they keep more and more powerful every year?

Its not reinventing the wheel, its new technology bud.
Old 03-05-2004, 09:33 AM

I think this is pretty stupid. I don't think that Joe has done anything wrong at all. Who gives a crap if he doesn't give the specs???? There isn't a form you have to sign on CamaroZ28.com that requires you to list your mods or tell what you have done. Maybe he just simply doesn't want you to know. I think you'll wake up the next morning without it effecting your life. And about the profit...well, yeah, what do you expect? I doubt that if you were making things for people, it wouldn't be just for fun. Things costs money, and Joe works hard to make his items. He's gotta survive and if he works hard, he should be paid good. Anyways, I think this situation shouldn't even be alive. No point to it at all.

*Hmmm....gets idea for new sig*
Old 03-05-2004, 09:42 AM

i dont get why people are getting so upset about not sharing custom camshaft specs. a custom cam is designed to work with *your* mods, stick that cam in another motor and expecting it to make the same power would just be dumb. if you dont believe that custom cams are any better than an off the shelf cam, then go buy an off the shelf cam. there are quite a few people on this board that i'm sure are smart enough to know that custom > shelf grind. its like a tailored suit. designed to fit you perfectly. it isnt going to fit anyone else the same way it fits you. sure some people are fine wearing suits straight off the rack, and one might fit just fine! but dont knock Joe because he decides not to tell everyone what specs his cam is running. i'm sure if any of you had a custom cam making huge power you wouldnt tell a whole lot of people. and i'll bet he doesnt make an assload of money just from grinding cams.
Old 03-05-2004, 09:44 AM

Originally posted by 96formulaLT1
i dont get why people are getting so upset about not sharing custom camshaft specs. a custom cam is designed to work with *your* mods, stick that cam in another motor and expecting it to make the same power would just be dumb. if you dont believe that custom cams are any better than an off the shelf cam, then go buy an off the shelf cam. there are quite a few people on this board that i'm sure are smart enough to know that custom > shelf grind. its like a tailored suit. designed to fit you perfectly. it isnt going to fit anyone else the same way it fits you. sure some people are fine wearing suits straight off the rack, and one might fit just fine! but dont knock Joe because he decides not to tell everyone what specs his cam is running. i'm sure if any of you had a custom cam making huge power you wouldnt tell a whole lot of people. and i'll bet he doesnt make an assload of money just from grinding cams.

Quick Reply: Attn. cz28 lt1 members