LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Best Heads for Hotcam

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2003, 11:39 PM

Best Heads for Hotcam

Hey yo,

I'm gonna be ordering a set of heads for my car within the next month and I'm still debating on which way to go. Right now, I have to be leaning mostly towards the www.cmotorsports.com Stage 1X heads. (I plan to start an N20 setup towards the end of the summer)

Here's where my question is...Will these heads work well with the hotcam? Which heads are the best for this cam? In the winter I'm gonna start building an all forged, balanced 355. Will these heads still work well on a smaller CID stroker? Thanx for the opinions as always guys.
Old 05-29-2003, 10:27 PM

TTT
Old 05-30-2003, 01:04 AM

Ryan, you'll need more then just some Stage 1 Heads to beat my bolt on car hahahha

Anyways, its all about the flow numbers man. Stages mean nothing.

And you shouldve done it all at once, the hotcam kit and the heads, but some people just dont think it out.
If u plan on doing a 355 in the winter, why wouldnt u put the heads on then? It would make sense to me at least.

Sh*t, you really do spend all your money on your car huh?
Geesh You need to chill a lil hehehe

Its cool tho, i understand u need to do everything to beat me hhaha.. How bout getting some rims and stuff before the 355? Hehehehe Salad shooter love!!!

TT still thinks you cant hang Racing .....
Old 05-30-2003, 11:22 AM

Originally posted by chesee48
Ryan, you'll need more then just some Stage 1 Heads to beat my bolt on car hahahha

Anyways, its all about the flow numbers man. Stages mean nothing.

And you shouldve done it all at once, the hotcam kit and the heads, but some people just dont think it out.
If u plan on doing a 355 in the winter, why wouldnt u put the heads on then? It would make sense to me at least.

Sh*t, you really do spend all your money on your car huh?
Geesh You need to chill a lil hehehe

Its cool tho, i understand u need to do everything to beat me hhaha.. How bout getting some rims and stuff before the 355? Hehehehe Salad shooter love!!!

TT still thinks you cant hang Racing .....
hehehehe

BOLT-ON WHAT? I ain't even worried about your car anymore man, things are already in the works...

Rims? I ain't wasting money on things that make my car go SLOWER or are just for appearance, hence the reason i still haven't painted the front end.

I'm doing heads now so I can see how they perform before the 355, if I'm happy with the performance, maybe i can hold off on the bottom end for awhile and say up for something even stronger.

Anyways, back to the original post. What heads have u all seen that have the best flow numbers? Is anyone here even running the Cmotorsports heads? I'd like to order them within the next couple of weeks, so any LEGITIMATE feedback would be appreciated
Old 05-30-2003, 11:41 AM

Id DEFINATELY go with the lloyd elliots heads.... They have the best flow numbers AND best price from what ive seen..... flow around 270 on the intake if i remember right!!!
Old 05-30-2003, 11:45 AM

You should look into a set of AFR heads. I plan on getting the 195 LT4 heads. AirFlowResearch Heads