LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Best muffler to run with loudmouth?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2003, 03:41 PM

Best muffler to run with loudmouth?

I have seen that lt1 guys are running dynomax bullets to make the loudmouth sound better. I bought a loudmouth for my 94z vert and now i am getting nervous. I heard the system ona car a long time ago, but the car had cats. My car won't have a cat. I hear it sounds bad without cat and with headers, which my car is getting also. Is anyone running a different muffler in place of the resinator? I guess i don't wanna have the muff shop put the loudmouth on and have it sound like **** and then i have to pay more labor to get it cut up. Rather do it the first time.
thanks
Brandon
Old 12-05-2003, 04:28 PM

if u put a muffler in place of the resenator it wouldn't be loudmouth. piping is piping, u get the sound from the muffler. if ur going to replace the muffler with something else it won't be loudmouth. I've heard of people running those dynomax things w/ borla/jet hots to take some of the rasp out,,but the bullets don't replace anything though, just get added to the exhaust.

-Jay
Old 12-05-2003, 04:28 PM

Dynomax bullet. 12" or 16" the larger one will tone it down a bit.
Old 12-05-2003, 04:36 PM

Two of my buddies in my car club have loudmouth systems. One of my buddies who has a 94 firehawk with the whole loudmouth system and has headers sounds awesome but it is too loud which will get the police's attention. The other buddy has a 94 Trans am GT with the loudmouth put he put a dynomax muffler to quite it down. It sounds awesome, it has a deep throaty sound. So it depends on your taste. But if you want to have a loud mouth but don't want it to be annoying and loud put a dynomax muffler on it. If you have anymore questions please feel free to e-mail me. Good luck
Old 12-05-2003, 08:11 PM

Originally posted by My Mighty White 95 Z28
Two of my buddies in my car club have loudmouth systems. One of my buddies who has a 94 firehawk with the whole loudmouth system and has headers sounds awesome but it is too loud which will get the police's attention. The other buddy has a 94 Trans am GT with the loudmouth put he put a dynomax muffler to quite it down. It sounds awesome, it has a deep throaty sound. So it depends on your taste. But if you want to have a loud mouth but don't want it to be annoying and loud put a dynomax muffler on it. If you have anymore questions please feel free to e-mail me. Good luck
Are you talking about me bro . I'm the 94 TA/GT loudmouth with a dynomax race muffler and it sounds good. Have a pic on the exhaust in my site.

Vinny