LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Best Way to Hook Up Nitrous Fuel Line and Electric Fuel Pressure Sensor???

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 10:02 AM

Question Best Way to Hook Up Nitrous Fuel Line and Electric Fuel Pressure Sensor???

Right now I have an electric fuel pressure sensor hooked up to my schrader valve. But I'm about to install a nitrous wet kit, and they say to hook the fuel solenoid line to the schrader valve. What's the best way for me to hook both of them up? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Old 05-29-2013, 11:39 AM

Re: Best Way to Hook Up Nitrous Fuel Line and Electric Fuel Pressure Sensor???

T fitting

Don't know the sizes you would need though.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:50 AM

Who ever hooked up the n2o system to my car before I bought it put a tee in the fuel line before the fpr to feed the solenoid. I havent had any leaks or issues. Dont know what the consensus would be on that but it is an option. If you dont get a good answer I would consider calling a shop that does alot of nitrous installs and is familiar with the fbody setups. Nitrous outlet has a tech support and does installs so that would be one possible place to try. Post back what you do and how things work out for you.

Posted from Camaroz28.com App for Android
Old 05-29-2013, 12:21 PM
Administrator

-4AN 90-deg swivel fitting on the Schrader valve. Allows you to aim fitting in correct direction, without over-tightening and breaking the Schrader fitting off the hard line.

-4AN braided S/S line to a location convenient for a "tee" - get a -4AN on one end to attach to the swivel fitting, 1/8"NPT on the other end to connect to the tee

-brass tee, with 1/8"NPT female connections.

-attach the -4AN hose to on port on the tee, the pressure sensor (typically 1/8"NPT) and the line to the nitrous solenoid to the other two ports.

Last edited by Injuneer; 05-29-2013 at 12:24 PM.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:23 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by slick1hunting
Who ever hooked up the n2o system to my car before I bought it put a tee in the fuel line before the fpr to feed the solenoid. I havent had any leaks or issues. Dont know what the consensus would be on that but it is an option. If you dont get a good answer I would consider calling a shop that does alot of nitrous installs and is familiar with the fbody setups. Nitrous outlet has a tech support and does installs so that would be one possible place to try. Post back what you do and how things work out for you.
The FPR is on the return side of the fuel rails. It is regulating the pressure in the rails. It is not controlling the pressure in the hard line that connects to the FPR. That's the return line to the tank. At least it is if you have a stock setup.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:27 PM

Would this work?

Pro Series 4 An Male 4 An Female 1 8" NPT Gauge Adapter Blue | eBay
Old 05-29-2013, 04:42 PM
Administrator

Would you screw that directly onto the Schrader valve? Might start to cause problems with the braided S/S line hitting the cowl, and damaging the connection when the engine torques.

The advantage of the swivel fitting is it avoids the vertical clearance issue, avoids the over-tightening issue, removes the weight from the Schrader valve, and gets the clutter away from the back of the engine.

I used the swivel fitting/braided SS hose/tee connection for years when I had the "stockish" engine with an NOS dry kit - fuel pressure sensor and Hobbs switch off the Schrader. With the current setup, I have a 1/8"NPT bung welded to the passenger side fuel rail, with the fuel pressure sensor screwed into it.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
Quote:

Originally Posted by slick1hunting

The FPR is on the return side of the fuel rails. It is regulating the pressure in the rails. It is not controlling the pressure in the hard line that connects to the FPR. That's the return line to the tank. At least it is if you have a stock setup.
yep I was referring to the location of my tee. Which is somewhat retarded on my part because there are no lines on passenger side(was rushing and half brained). I included that as it may be an option to feed the solenoid rather than a tee off the schrader. I honestly dont know whats proper and suggested. is there any advantage to having it feed the solenoid in my location vs off the schrader? Would a 200 hp hit drop the pressure much in the rails on a stock fuel pump(mine is upgraded because I didnt want any chance with the new motor and bigger hit) I am bordering on a thread back but figured this info may be useful to the op as well.

Old 05-29-2013, 06:40 PM
Administrator

Running the fuel supply off the varying pressure fuel return line is very risky. The flow of fuel through the jet (an orifice) is determined by the pressure difference between the uncontrolled fuel return line and the near atmospheric pressure of the intake manifold (at WOT). As it's set up now the fuel flow is all over the place. At this point, unless you have it tuned extremely rich on spray, I'm surprised you haven't detonated.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:27 PM

Im sorry Fred I will try again and am off work so will do a better job communicating. My tee is in the supply line not the return line. It is before the regulator so pressure is what the pump provides. It does have a hobbs switch before the solenoid too. Is this acceptable or should I consider something more along the lines of running off the schrader valve? Never had any troubles with 125 shot with the stock pump and motor(have not sprayed yet and about to hook all my electric up for my solenoids and switches and so forth. Im not real sure how the hobbs switches work and if it may need adjusted or swapped. I have 49 psi fuel pressure with vacuum line off and never checked pressure with stock motor and pump. Thanks for any imput and sorry for any confusion I caused.

Old 05-30-2013, 05:21 AM
Administrator

I still don't understand the term "before the regulator"? Do you mean it's in the hard line with the Schrader valve? That's the only place you could locate it and be "before" the regulator. Or do you mean it's in the supply line "near" the regulator?
Old 05-30-2013, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
I still don't understand the term "before the regulator"? Do you mean it's in the hard line with the Schrader valve? That's the only place you could locate it and be "before" the regulator. Or do you mean it's in the supply line "near" the regulator?
Near the regulator.(Sorry). It is probably 4inches from the back of intake manifold