LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Brodix LTX heads

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by 95ttoplt1
I wonder if the other heads were really the Eliminators, I will email AFR and see whats up.

From talking to a couple of different porters about them they all seemed kinda suspesious of the AFR's castings and said they were an old design. Not nessasarily a bad think but that they were notorius for core shift and that was a major issue in the delay's AFR has.

Let me find the old email and send them a new one.
One person posted picturers of stand flow 195 eliminator CNC porting and someone else posted flow numbers for reverse flow castings. However, the flow numbers were typed in a post and not a scanned flow sheet. IF they are correct and valid, 250 cfm @ .400 and 306 cfm from .600 is very, very good for a 195 head. More however.......... It all needs to be varified using production heads and an independent shop by someone whom bought the heads for themselves.

Let me poke the shop in the butt one more time about dyno time and see how the mop flops. Can't imagine Tony making the offer unless he has the heads as it could backfire real quickly. I believe his objective is to sell heads and you can't sell anything if you don't have them to sell.

Rule #1 in sales if you want to make money: Sell what ya have, not what you think you will have.

Another FYI..... the shop where I dyno at and does a lot of work on my car ordered two sets of 195 LTx heads and he just tole me they were to receive them July 5th.

If you find out any more clue us all in and I will do the same but my impression is sooner vs later.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:29 PM

A post from Tony Mamo on the other forum from 5-9-07.

"They are available for LT applications right now.....we just went into production on the 180 and 195 LT's.....the 210 line to follow shortly.

An order placed today would probably ship in 4-6 weeks however....just an FYI.

Tony"

Denny,

I'm looking forward to the results. I went back and looked through the posts. I still have not seen anyone with the LT1's yet. Please keep us updated.

Thanks

Last edited by rickreeves1; 06-19-2007 at 03:34 PM.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:12 AM

Yea ... I'd love to see how these stack up as well ...

I've been wanting to upgrade my Head/Cam setup in my 383 for some time now ...
Old 06-20-2007, 06:53 PM

Are these going to have the same problems with milling them down enough to get decent compression with flat top pistons or will they still require dome pistons?
Old 06-21-2007, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by seawolf06
Are these going to have the same problems with milling them down enough to get decent compression with flat top pistons or will they still require dome pistons?
Didn't know they ever needed domed pistons.

I've personally not had any experience with the casting issues that a lot of people have reported with AFR heads so I don't know if that is what your refering to or not. Pretty much standard fair is figuring out what dynamic compression would be at different cc's based upon what gasket you want to use for best quench measuring, bore, valve reliefs, deck height, etc and then having the heads milled to what ya want.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:09 AM

I'm talking about milling them too much to try to get the correct combustion chamber size. Why can't they make them with 54cc chambers?!
Old 08-02-2007, 10:44 AM

Any update on the new heads?

Thanks
Old 08-02-2007, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by rickreeves1
Any update on the new heads?

Thanks
On the back burner right now for a few reasons. They shop where I dyno at isn't as responsive as they should be and basically putting me off saying they are snowed with work. The car may or may not have an internal header leak issue but I need to get it on the dyno to see what going on.

The other is my business all of a sudden has taken a giant step forward and for the next few months my plate is overfilling.

The last is I have an 08 C6 on my shopping list and seriously thinking about selling the car as I just have so much garage room and can only handle so many at one time.

Someone is going to get a deal on a absolutely killer car as you always loose your *** when you sink a bunch of bucks into one. Course then it's not sold yet. Guess you have to advertise or something and so far I haven't brought myself to the point of doing it.