LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

can anyone help????

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 08:40 PM

can anyone help????

The only reason i am posting it here is that i am getting no answers on the v6 forum!!!!!

is there a water jacket in the intake manifold of a 97 firebird 3800 series v6?????????????

I cant find a straight answer anywhere

coolant is pooling up on the top of the driver side lower intake manifold right where the fuel lines go into the fuel rail on the front of the motor and i cant tell where it is coming from. Anybody else have this similar problem???????
3 days ago i replaced the water pump, idler pully bracket and thermostat to fix a leak and now this. WTF

Tim
Old 04-21-2005, 08:55 PM

Re: can anyone help????

Originally Posted by KillWhitey
The only reason i am posting it here is that i am getting no answers on the v6 forum!!!!!

is there a water jacket in the intake manifold of a 97 firebird 3800 series v6?????????????

I cant find a straight answer anywhere

coolant is pooling up on the top of the driver side lower intake manifold right where the fuel lines go into the fuel rail on the front of the motor and i cant tell where it is coming from. Anybody else have this similar problem???????
3 days ago i replaced the water pump, idler pully bracket and thermostat to fix a leak and now this. WTF

Tim
How about coolant lines running to the throttle body , if applicable?
Old 04-27-2005, 12:47 AM

Re: can anyone help????

i found the leak........it is coming from between the upper and lower parts of the intake manifold right under where the thermostat goes in. But thanks for the help and not moving the thread back to v6.