LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Can Bad Evap Silnoid Make My Z Run Like Crap?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 01:06 PM

Can Bad Evap Silnoid Make My Z Run Like Crap?

Ok So Ive Been Geting These Codes And My Car Has Been Runing Real Ruff Under Load From Idle On Up.first I Was Geting Code 16 For Opti Low Res. But I Went Messing With Plug Wires Coil Pack And Harneses And I Dont Know How But Code Went Away.now Ive Got Code 23(i Think)either Way It Is For Bad Evap Silenoid.could This Be Why My Car Runs The Way It Does?
Sorry If This Doesnt Make Sense Im In A Hurry And Sorry If I Dont Reply Right Away Im On The Way To Work. But Please I Still Need Help Thanks
Old 12-18-2007, 01:58 PM

Yes if it is submitting a code, then it will affect the way your car runs, at least it did on mine.I did replaced mine and it cleared every thing up.I think you can get one for about 30-40ish?. ......
Old 12-18-2007, 02:01 PM

What do you have an obd1 or obd2 PCM? on my OBD2 car i got a p1441 code when my evap solenoid when bad, but it didn't make my car run bad and i ended up doing full emmisions delete anyway
Old 12-18-2007, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by 96 mikez28
What do you have an obd1 or obd2 PCM? on my OBD2 car i got a p1441 code when my evap solenoid when bad, but it didn't make my car run bad and i ended up doing full emmisions delete anyway
Ah!, I too have no emissions now, I have a 95 I beleive mine is obd-1 I didnt have a tester to tell me what code it was, hell,I basically assumed it at the time the dam solenoid was loaded with carbon , but it made my car trip especially at a low rpm .It did throw a code , but I didnt have a scanner, but when I did replaced the damn thing, the problem went awayand then I just tuned everything emissions wise off.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:22 AM

4 Oclock In The Morning Just Got Home From Work Sorry Guys.oh Yea And Thanks In Tha Morning Ill Check The Soleniod And Lines For Carbon Build Up.my Car Is A 93 Z28 And Hear Lately Its Been Running Like Crap From Idle Up Until About 3500. It Threw That Evap Code And I Didnt Know If That Could Affect Its Performace.i Hope I Can Fix This Soon I Put Soom Goodies On Recently Like Hypertech Chip, Hypertech 160 Stat,msd Wires, And Csr Water Pump And Have Not Had A Chance To Enjoy!thanks
Old 12-19-2007, 10:15 AM
Administrator

GLICKGLOCK......

Turn off the "caps lock" key. When you type in all caps, it screws up the forum software, and it converts everything except the first letter of every word to lower case, and leaves the goofy looking posts. It also make it a lot easier for people to read your posts, increasing the chances you will get responses.

The code for a faulty EVAP solenoid circuit on a 93 is DTC 26. That code covers 3 other possibilities, not just the EVAP solenoid.

Courtesy of Shoebox:

DTC 26 =
Quad-Driver Module (QDM) #1 circuit
applies to:
- AIR pump relay circuit
- EGR solenoid
- EVAP solenoid

Have you checked out all of those items? In general, in 99% of the cases, none of them would cause your engine to run poorly.

Suggestion.... why not set up a "signature" with basic info about your car... year, model, engine, tranny and any major mods. That way, people will be able to help you easier, when you forget to include that info, like you did in the original post.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:04 AM

oh sorry about the caps lock guys wont do it again.ok injuneer im with you on all of that exept the QDM sorry for my lack of knowledge but what is that?what i do understand is that they are all tied in together.so when i get a chance ill check on that stuff.as far as setting up my signature i would like to but i barely have enough time to work on the car i work 12 hours a day, i havent even touched car since last weekend.thanks for your suggestion anyway.please try to explain QDM a little if possible thanks.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:33 AM
Administrator

The 93 (and earlier) ECM's use a set of "quad driver modules" to drive the high current loads, like solenoids. The module can fail and set the code, or any of the loads on the module can fail and set the code.