LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Can someone help me before I get dyno tuned?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 06:50 PM

That will help with the start-up bog. But your car will run like poo until you get it tuned.

You are using the same 38# Delphi injectors as I did. Did you add those before or after the tune from Madz? Mine ran horribly rich (smell the oil) until I had it tuned.

Get those exhaust leaks fixed. After a few heat cycles, I retighted the exhaust. I found the collector gaskets were a bit loose on my passenger side so I tightened those.

Make sure no ignition wires are resting on the headers. See if any are burnt.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Wild1
That will help with the start-up bog. But your car will run like poo until you get it tuned.

You are using the same 38# Delphi injectors as I did. Did you add those before or after the tune from Madz? Mine ran horribly rich (smell the oil) until I had it tuned.

Get those exhaust leaks fixed. After a few heat cycles, I retighted the exhaust. I found the collector gaskets were a bit loose on my passenger side so I tightened those.

Make sure no ignition wires are resting on the headers. See if any are burnt.
I have the OTVC wires, so none are touching the headers. The injectors I installed are accounted for on the tune, but who knows, something could be up with the tune. I sent in 3.23 gears and the correct tire sizes, but it seems like they messed up on that or else I gave the wrong gears. I looked it up and I believe for my car, the "performance" gears were the 3.23's and they were labeled as GU5 (I think) on the little panel in the glove box. I could be wrong since it was awhile ago since I checked, but I was positive about it before.