LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Can someone identify this alarm box?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2003, 08:32 PM

Arrow Can someone identify this alarm box?

OK, OK, I know this is in the wrong forum, but mods, please let me get a couple of replys before you move it.

The 93 I bought has a very funky alarm install. The previous owner supposedly knew nothing about an alarm on the car (which if you ask me is a bunch of BS considering there was a blinking LED on the car when I got it)
but looking at some other wiring he did, I can definetely recognize the style.

Anyway, what I found before was an AVITAL remote start box and 2 shock sensors. One will be shown in the pictures below and the other one can be seen here. It's an Audiovox shock sensor.

Here are the pictures of the other parts, including the main box that I found yesterday while rewiring my power locks. (again, thanks to the wonderful work of the previous owner )

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

The box has NOTHING written on it besides a serial number. Not even a logo. I took it apart and it has nothing on the board either.
Is it just some generic, no name box?

It currently only has the couple of wires you can see in the pictures connected to it. There are a few other connectors in that wiring mess which aren't connected.
I also found the horn under the hood on the passenger side, but there were no wires connected to it.

Any ideas?
Thanks!
Old 09-20-2003, 08:50 PM

I got you covered man. Had a avital system installed in my moms J-body and it's sensor was also audivox. I belive avital is a cheap knoc off or cheaper version of cliffords. Not 100% sure but that's all I can tell you. Hope that helps a bit.

Peace out Wolfy..