LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

can't get ahold of Delteq

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 11:28 AM

I mea i dont know if there just on vacation or waht , but it doesnt sound like they went belly up because of a bad product , look how many units are out there and the same precentage of problems . it still looks like a decent product . well see once i get it installed . i dont know i'm not a big fan of the opti componts of the msd line . if i did a cap and rotor it would be a delco
Old 01-27-2008, 02:30 PM

yep
I should have the coil this week. Then if it runs I'll order the cap and rotor kit from msd
Kory
Old 01-27-2008, 02:58 PM

Im not here to defend the delteq owner but here is my complete story.

I ve purchased(last year) a complete delteq kit,vavle covre mount with the opti bilet cover from Pace.I ve passed the next 2 weeks trying to make it work...

Next thing i know is that i ve tried:4 opti(2 delco/2 msd) wich include disasembling the front of the engine each time,a bunch of wire and verify all the complete wire harness between the pcm and the ignition component.Next thing also is that my control module was also crack.

I ve reach J.C. Hyde: jc@delteq.com by email and explain all my trouble.He sent me 2 new control module with different calibration and a tester kit.The kit came quickly but since im from canada i ve also paid some stupid duty for some warranty and help parts.

Pass the other month trying to make it work,re test everything(coil/wire/module) and everything was just fine but the car wouldnt want to start.And finally with the second module the car did start but was ,makig some nasty backfire and wouldnt want to pass the 1200rpm mark. I was so pissed off that i ve connected some old wire quickly from the opti(with the cap and rotor back on) to the spark plug and wow the car was running.So the system never work on my car.

J.C. was fair enough to refund my money for everything.Delteq is a great kit when it work,just never had a chance to try it.

I ve tried all that i could to make it work(nearly 3 month) and it cost me a bunch of money and JC try all that he could to help me.I dont know why they are hard to reach so good luck.
Old 01-27-2008, 03:21 PM

A lot to be said for the K.I.S.S. principle.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:27 PM

Did you ever have any luck getting in contact with them?
Old 03-20-2008, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by cas0484
Did you ever have any luck getting in contact with them?
I haven't. I've written the issue off, but will make sure everyone knows not to purchase their product.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:38 PM

well it looks like the website for them is gone now .
Old 03-24-2008, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by chevyinside
well it looks like the website for them is gone now .
Website is still up for me. Sucks if they just went up and vanished. No issues with my set-up thus far (knock on wood). I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed and hope that if something does go it wont be something I can't get somewhere else
Old 04-09-2008, 06:00 PM

Are you guys talking about the "ignition module", the Gm part #104776, the part that sits under the coil pack? Or are you talking about the "ignition controller", the Del-Tec part that has the red LED? Thanks, Douglas
Old 04-10-2008, 01:11 PM

I have had the Delteq kit on my stroker for over 3 years now without one problem. I love it and the car runs smoother than when it was new. That aside I don't put many miles on the car as it is rarely driven but when I installed it it was extremely easy and straight forward and I love the look of the wires and being able to custom route them around my headers to keep from burning. Good luck and don't know maybe they just folded up. If mine ever fails I'll probably just switch back to the opti.

here's a pic of it installed:

Old 04-10-2008, 05:29 PM

I installed mine about 2 years ago never any problems runs better then the cap and rotor setup.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:14 PM

I dont now i installed mine a couple of weeks ago and it runs good most of the time but there will be this once in a whule where thr ignition just drops out and comes back , I looked for codes there arent any , scanned it with the computer and it never sees anything wrong , i cant get ahold of deteq to gett help diagnoising . litttle fustrated now
Old 04-11-2008, 07:10 AM

Lt1 friends, see my post "car starts runs for 5min". Del-Tec's owner, JC Hyde, has some serious medical issues and for all anyone knows he is basically out of business. If he gets well and back in business is anybody's guess. I'm not at liberty to say on an open forum but I'll tell you what I know if you email me (no PM) douglassr@webtv.net Thanks, Douglas
Old 04-11-2008, 10:00 AM

My prayers and best wishes to JC and his family. JC created a great product and provided me with wonderful service when I installed mine. I hope he returns to the LT-1 scene in the near future. Douglassr please relay my message to JC and let us know if he gets better.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:40 PM
JFR

CARB Number California

My best wishes to JC, I have been thru that med issues, not fun
If anyone else has the CARB number for california modifications, I need it.
Due for smog this year, with the delteq installed they visually inspect, and of course see the direct coils, so need a mod number, since it had the opti dist from factory.
I guess I will have to reinstall the opti for smog and then put the delteq back in, it worked great, just I had a head gasket problem, nothing to do with the delteq.
Any help.
1995 z28 stock 5.7 rag top

Thanks Frank

Quick Reply: can't get ahold of Delteq