LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Car is done....FINALLY!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by FASTFATBOY
Rear end is narrowed 3 inches per side, car is mini-tubbed, wheels are 15x10 with 5 inches of backspacing, tires are tucked under the car, 325/50 drag radials.

David
The look with the narrowed rear is perfect!!! If you had to take a guess at what a shop would charge to do the mini tubes, what do you think the cost would be? Not counting the rearend itself. Is a full cage necessary to do this?
Old 06-12-2007, 08:48 AM

I like everything you've done with your Camaro and LT engine. Do you think the Victor intake (w/ EFI) will greatly increase the RPM power-band over the factory LT intake (7K+ maybe)? And, how many RPM are you expecting to turn with your head/cam combination?

Keep us posted what it runs at the track.

WD
Old 06-12-2007, 09:28 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by The Engineer
I like everything you've done with your Camaro and LT engine. Do you think the Victor intake (w/ EFI) will greatly increase the RPM power-band over the factory LT intake (7K+ maybe)? And, how many RPM are you expecting to turn with your head/cam combination?

WD

Yes it will probably make power past the factory 7200 rpm limit, Bret Bauer said the cam will peak below that, I can tell you one thing the power is NOT flat in the bottom....a BS3 or the like for engine management is in the future.

I will see how it does on the dyno.

Thanks for da kudos.

David
Old 06-12-2007, 09:30 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Z-RATED94
The look with the narrowed rear is perfect!!! If you had to take a guess at what a shop would charge to do the mini tubes, what do you think the cost would be? Not counting the rearend itself. Is a full cage necessary to do this?
No cage at all is necessary, No idea on cost....I think I remember Madman saying it was around $1800 to do a car like mine...I think.

David
Old 06-12-2007, 12:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by The Engineer

WD
Yep, all my work on that car looks good from fitting the rear end and clearanceing the body to remaking the radiator mount.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 1racerdude
Yep, all my work on that car looks good from fitting the rear end and clearanceing the body to remaking the radiator mount.
Great work.

Maybe he will let you take it for a spin......
Old 06-12-2007, 08:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mdacton
Great work.

Maybe he will let you take it for a spin......

Uhhh no, not in a million years, not gonna happen. I DO wanna race if he ever gets a car running.

David

Last edited by FASTFATBOY; 06-12-2007 at 08:20 PM.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:15 PM
Banned

now that isn't very nice......but if your going to race make sure you put some money on the line.

Car looks like it came together well in the end. Let me know how you guys race goes

Last edited by mdacton; 06-12-2007 at 08:36 PM.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:25 PM
Banned

now that isn't very nice......but if your going to race make sure you put some money on the line.

Car looks like it came together well in the end. Let me know how you guys race goes
You are right MD....the brain damage aint worth my time.

The car did turn out nice, thank you.

David

Last edited by FASTFATBOY; 06-13-2007 at 07:48 AM.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:07 PM

very nice man...somehow you passed me up and beat me to getting it on the road....but I've been distracted..lol. Great to see it going man and keep us updated on how the tune goes and we want vids of the track passes.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:50 PM

to remaking the radiator mount.
You wouldn't happen to have any pics of this would you??

BTW badass setup, If I could go back in time I could pick up some RHS SBC heads up CHEAP (buddy works at Comp) and get them reversed cool with a Super vic like yourself, and slap my blower on it
Your car is going to Fly
Old 06-12-2007, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by 1racerdude
Suddenly, things have become much clearer. I knew there was a good reason why this thing turned out so nice.

Originally Posted by FASTFATBOY
I DO wanna race if he ever gets a car running.
if your going to race make sure you put some money on the line.
I already know who I'm putting my money on....
Old 06-13-2007, 05:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by T/A KID
You wouldn't happen to have any pics of this would you??

BTW badass setup, If I could go back in time I could pick up some RHS SBC heads up CHEAP (buddy works at Comp) and get them reversed cool with a Super vic like yourself, and slap my blower on it
Your car is going to Fly
KID , the radiator top holder was split and made wider with a piece of sheetmetal.

Hmmm a blower, wheels are turning in the ol cranium.

David

Last edited by FASTFATBOY; 06-13-2007 at 06:12 AM.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by thesoundandthefury
Suddenly, things have become much clearer. I knew there was a good reason why this thing turned out so nice.

I already know who I'm putting my money on....

Uhh yeh, ok LMFAO, if you only knew. BTW it takes TWO cars to race, no threat of that.

But I AM man enough to give credit where it is due,which is more than he would do for me, Pops did his fair share on the car, as did I while holding down a full time job. Everything under that hood is my ideas and thoughts,it is what I wanted from the start and that is exactly what I built. In 7 months no less including building me a 20x30 garage at the same time as I was getting the engine combination together and finishing the car.

But you and all of the rest of the people on this board don't know the whole story, nor will you know it. The only ones that KNOW are my friends and family.

As stated above I will waste no more breath on this, it is my time to enjoy with my friends and my family the car, the dream has become a reality...if it blew up tomorrow it was worth it.

David

Last edited by FASTFATBOY; 06-13-2007 at 07:44 AM.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 95Bird
very nice man...somehow you passed me up and beat me to getting it on the road....but I've been distracted..lol. Great to see it going man and keep us updated on how the tune goes and we want vids of the track passes.
DIstraced ...umm how But I know how that goes.

We need to get together this year at cruising the coast...like old times.

That year we raced on the beach are some of my best memories, dam that was so much fun...I cannot WAIT till October.

Thanks alot for the compliments.

David

Quick Reply: Car is done....FINALLY!