LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Car is running terrible , ANY IDEAS ???

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 03:48 PM

Question Car is running terrible , ANY IDEAS ???

hey guys it me (again). My car has been running terrible since the start of the summer. I keep scanning my car with my hypertech (all I use it for by the way) and it seems like the right bank keeps leaning itself out. I replaced the o2's because I was starting to get heater circuit errors for it and I was hoping they were the problem. Well It didnt make a darn bit of difference. The car just seems to be idling rougher than usual and with the ac on if you stop it will surge up and down for about 10 secs till it settles. Sometimes even after it settles it will start going off again. Im getting anywhere between 1-10 degrees of knock retard once the car warms up and Im idleing.

It runs great with a/c on or off while its in open loop, but as soon as it goes into closed loop it idles and runs like crap (ive watched it, the instant it hits closed loop) . The only codes im getting out of it now is 400 (EGR Malfunction) and 430 (bank 2 cat inefficency). Would either EGR or a bad cat cause problems like this ? It even leaned out to the point it started detonating twice. If I kill the A/C it doesnt detonate at all tho. Im gonna order egr blockoffs on friday and see if that helps but if It doesnt I dont know. I believe both rear o2's are bad , they get hung up on numbers and seem to cycle slow when they do start moving compared to the front bank , I plan on having them deleted when I get my car retuned.
Old 06-07-2005, 04:07 PM

Re: Car is running terrible , ANY IDEAS ???

The cat only starts working once its heated up, which is apparently when its going into closed loop. I'd suspect the cat and the EGR solenoid itself. Either of these can cause you problems.
Old 06-07-2005, 07:25 PM

Re: Car is running terrible , ANY IDEAS ???

I dont know what makes the car decide its closed loop time all I know it runs bad in closed loop. The car came with brand new 30lb accel injectors which I sold because I didnt think they were necessary for the mods. Im wondering if I have a bad injector , the car has an Adjustable FPR which I set back to stock after I got my pcm4less tune. It was only at 46psi when I bought the car. The car has always had split BLM's. Its not bad under throttle only a lil bit different but at idle they are always pretty far apart.