LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

car WRECKED!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2003, 03:21 PM

if the body is warped at all gl... lol thats expensive
Old 10-26-2003, 03:31 PM

i think the car may have frame damage but it would only be in the front were it hit...it hit wehre the headlights mount, maybe it may be the headlight mount thats badly bent but i havent got to take a good look at....ummm if it is frame damage where could i take it to check out the frame and for it to be fixeD?
Old 10-26-2003, 03:39 PM

thanks don for your opinion..hopefully i get a big check from my insurance and ill tell them i want to get the parts my self and take it to another body shop, hopefully the check will be well over 3k!! so that can cover a bunch of stuff!! also i can get some better parts such as a better hood (ultra Z hood) and beter bumpers from OEM...also im trying to remember if my hatch was messed up along with my rear spoiler!! if so ill go ahead and get a new one..plus i need the headlight beam mount and all headlights with fog lights, and the airbag system to get it replaced was 500, i checked up on it...umm new windsheild should be like 100-150 bucks..front bumper is like 150 from the EBAY, along with the front passenger panel which was like 90 bucks then the headlight mount was like 70 bucks...then i need to find rear panels and taillights and the rear taillight finish panel where the Z28 sign is on!! cause i know that had to be bent!! intenna i have no idea where to get that!! but ill find it ASAP!!
if yall know n e thing else lemme know!!
cause im doing it the DON way!!
Old 10-26-2003, 03:41 PM

The body shop can tell you if it's got frame damage. And any big body shop has a frame machine to take care of it, if there is any....

Truthfully, if your doors close correctly, your T-tops are still lined up, then you don't really have any problems that can't be easily and quickly fixed by any quality body shop.

My car has been hit front and rear, and fixed and it's fine.... If they "total" it, tell then you want to keep the car. Buy it back with some of the money, buy the parts yourself and get a shop to fix it. Insurance will try to scam out of fixing a lot of cars if they think the body shop might be expensive.

-Michael
Old 10-26-2003, 03:43 PM

my car is a hard top..and the doors closed fine when i had to move the car out of the street!! would a hard top be n e better in keeping itself 2gether?
Old 10-26-2003, 03:45 PM

somewhat, yes. if it bent the roof, your doors wouldn't close or seal well anymore.
Old 10-26-2003, 03:47 PM

Originally posted by crAzy95z28
see...there are nice people around here....seriously i do apologize about me being w/e you want to call me but i do apologize and i thank you for yalls help...
So take back:
Originally posted by crAzy95z28
camaroZ28.com=meany people
Old 10-26-2003, 04:02 PM

Originally posted by shoebox
So take back:

camaroZ29.com=some meany people and lots of good people!!
Old 10-26-2003, 04:04 PM

lol Z28 i meant !!!!!!!!!
Old 10-26-2003, 04:12 PM

I wouldn't be worried about fixing yet. I'd be worried about proving your innocence. Considering insurance won't cover your car if you are a DUI case, you might want to spend your time getting a lawyer right now. Shouldn't be too hard to prove wrong with no breathalizer.

Cheers,
Old 10-26-2003, 04:20 PM

Say buddy, if you happen to be a minor, all the cops have to say is they smelled alcohol on you and they can give you a DUI. They dont need the breathalizer or anything just their word - Texas is great eh. I'm talking from expirence unfortunantly. Get a good lawyer. I used a regular traffic lawyer and everything worked out fine.
Old 10-26-2003, 04:25 PM

i just found out some good news..my friend the tow truck driver told me my car wasnt frame damaged..just body damage..and he was explaning to me about the dui...DRIVING UNDER THE INFLUENCE, the reason why they gave me that was b/c the way i was acting...so that means i could of been under the influence of drinking, narcatoics, etc, etc....but i wasnt..so when i go to court im going to tell them not guilty on the dui b/c i wasnt drunk, they didnt give me a breathlizer or n e type of test to tell if iw as drunk. and they can **** test me cause i dont do drugs at all...stopped that stuff abotu 2 years ago...so im going to come out clean and they should drop that charge...now the other ticket which was failure to control speed..i may be able to get out of that one b/c i got a new tranny and on the reciept of that tranny, it specifically says, performance package, meaning it had a shift kit, 2800 stall etc, etc,..and i could show that to judge telling him that my car got out of control cause when it hit 2nd gear it spun my tires out of conrtol...but if that doesnt work i have the money to pay for that ticket!!! so im just more worried about ma car than n e thing..cause i know the DUI was jsut so they could take me to jail...so ill let you know..and my court date is the 4th of december 2 days after my B day!!!! =(

well ill keep ya updated!!
thanks a bunch
randy
Old 10-26-2003, 04:27 PM

also...my girl prob smelt like alky because she was drinking that night..and i wasnt..she prob spilt alky on her or w.e but i think the air bags covered up the smell if there was a smell!!!
and i know i didnt smell like alky unless someone spilt it on me during the party!!
Old 10-26-2003, 04:54 PM

If FOURMULA DAVE is correct i'am sorry to tell you this but you're toast.GET A GOOD LAWYER.Forget about the car now ,thats the least of your worries.

NICK

Last edited by 95 WHITE TRANS; 10-26-2003 at 05:00 PM.
Old 10-26-2003, 05:04 PM

i think you are a turd for 5 reasons...

1) you can't recover a slow moving fishtail with 6 lanes to do so
2) you did stupid $hit with other cars around
3) you endangered your girlfriends life
4) you were a dick to cops (which is prolly why they were mean to you)
5) you started you car while fluid was leaking out of it....thats just brilliant....

Quick Reply: car WRECKED!!!