LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

In----credible

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 10:46 PM

Re: In----credible

Originally Posted by Josh'95Z28conv
As a whole piece, I wouldnt be worried. If it was broken into many little pieces, it would probably be best to get them out so they dont get through the screne, and into the oil pump. But then again, most little pieces would wash out when draining the oil.
Yeah pieces fell out on the ground too. It's like the plastic was so old, and baked, that it just crumbled. I don't trust that everything would come out.

Oh, and I said 3000 miles, but it's actually 3000 miles each way. I'm gonna drop the pan and clean it all out real nice so I can have peace of mind.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by kick Z tail out
Oh, and I said 3000 miles, but it's actually 3000 miles each way. I'm gonna drop the pan and clean it all out real nice so I can have peace of mind.
Dropping the pan in a Z sucks. You have to take the motor mount bolts out, and lift the engine. You may need to pull your tranny too. I currently have nothing but a block and pan in my car now, and the pan wont come out. The block has to be raised.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Josh'95Z28conv
Dropping the pan in a Z sucks. You have to take the motor mount bolts out, and lift the engine. You may need to pull your tranny too. I currently have nothing but a block and pan in my car now, and the pan wont come out. The block has to be raised.
Are you sh**ing me?

Well, I already called Dyno Don tonight because I'm lacking a few tools needed to get TO the oil pan... I personally don't have any tools that are capable of removing my Y-pipe. And since my car was going down to his shop to have some goodies welded on anyway, I asked him if they can pull the pan for me real quick. It's cheap enough.
Old 04-20-2006, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by kick Z tail out
Are you sh**ing me?

Well, I already called Dyno Don tonight because I'm lacking a few tools needed to get TO the oil pan... I personally don't have any tools that are capable of removing my Y-pipe. And since my car was going down to his shop to have some goodies welded on anyway, I asked him if they can pull the pan for me real quick. It's cheap enough.
Goodies, huh? Care to share? Or is this a secret? I'll venture to say it's an electric cutout