LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Damn LT1..... Hardcore Stubleing and Not running right! PLease need help bad!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2003, 01:06 AM

Exclamation Damn LT1..... Hardcore Stubleing and Not running right! PLease need help bad!!!

OK..here is the deal I have a 97 LT1. It's has a really bad stuble. here is the symptoms... It stubles and runs bad most all the time.. It clears up every now and then. It runs super rich, got like 150 miles to the last tank of gas. Ran Autotap got MAF Insuffentent something, CKP performance and CKP something... But we switched over MAF's and done the same thing.I mean it stubles and surges while driving and has no power whatso ever. Here's what we have replaced. Opti,plugs, wires, fuel filter, and pcv value. So Any suggestions??? We are stumped.... So please help... We need it!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-17-2003, 03:32 AM

could try your coil....
Old 04-17-2003, 02:40 PM

TTT...need most suggestions please
Old 04-17-2003, 09:22 PM

well if it has stuble it might need a shave......sorry coudn't resist!! you mean stuMble? i'm with jeremy on the coil, or O2's maybe.....I have no idea what the CPK means though so guess i'm not really any help. good luck!!
Old 04-17-2003, 09:52 PM

Yea, check your O2 sensors with a scanmaster or get someone with an auto tap. If the O2 millivolts are bouncing around like crazy, then change them out and reset your PCM. Just leave the battery unhooked for a while. After that it's time to start checking for sticking injectors, arcing wires, etc.
Old 04-17-2003, 10:43 PM

It's not arching... It's burning so damn rich....go like 130 miles to a tank of gas and running like ***... We autotapped it...and it is not missing. But bogging like crazy..think it might be the PCM????
Old 04-18-2003, 12:50 AM

Read my post and see if you think we have the same problem.Alan

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showt...385#post825385
Old 04-18-2003, 07:31 AM

i'll keep you all updated on what i figure out!!!!!
Old 04-18-2003, 11:00 PM

OK everyone.. It is burning super rich..SUPER RICH.. and It's not the o2's...SO any more ideas???
Old 04-18-2003, 11:03 PM

I would check your EGR...
Old 04-19-2003, 03:52 PM

No...i blocked the EGR off.... Think i coulda got a bad opti or PCM?
Old 04-19-2003, 04:02 PM

When you installed you LT's did you by extensions for the O2 sensors? or did you just splice into the O2 sensors by adding homemade extensions....Also is your check engine light flashing when this is going on? Kinda like it bogges then it catches back up.....
Old 04-20-2003, 03:15 AM

Ok... here is what the DL is.. I have auto tapped the car.... Got a MAF insuffent flow or something like that.. CKP perfornce and CKP malfuction. I switch too a good maf still pulled the same code and still done the same thing... Running rich as hell and stumbleing like crazy. Check to see if it was missing and autotap did not show anything missing. I pulled the # 6 plug and it was black as hell...SO i replaced it...still done the same thing. I mean i have replaced the opti...Done the same thing. I mean.. it's not pulling ne o2 codes... Or anything. I really really don't know.. A friend of mine is lending me his 97 Z while he is in the desert. So what i am thinking... is transplant parts from his to mine...till i fine out what is wrong. I mean I am @ the end of my rope and i don't know what the hell to do. It's driving me crazy..i got 100 miles to my last tank of gas.... TANK OF GAS!!!!!!!!!! Come on guys... you guys are the cream of the f-body crop...I know someone out there knows what is going on. So come on guys... give a guy a hand... Thank you
Old 04-20-2003, 04:11 AM

had the exact same prob. car felt like someone was cutting fuel off while it was running. it would die at lights barely stayed running and stumble . and would be hard to start used too much gas too. so i had it scanned it threw like 15 codesbut the main one was a code 29 qdm. i plugged the air pump back in . unplugged the sensor in the w/p tested it plugged back in and cleared my codes. then went driving in it to see if it would throw an ses light. well its gone car runs bad *** im happy. im still goin to replace the o2s cause i have 130k on them theyre original. btw mine is a 95 z28 6 speed.
Old 04-20-2003, 05:04 AM

In addition to what you have already done, mine was cured with the following stuff: new coil, new ignition module, TPS, Red Line FI cleaner, new O2's, and a double, triple and quadrouple check of all the hoses, and a reset of the ECU. Now the car runs better than it did when I first bought it and I was struggling with the hesitation problem for about a year. If your car is old it probably needs half of this crap anyways so might as well just replace it. After each thing I replaced it seemed to get better, probably just wishful thinking though.

Quick Reply: Damn LT1..... Hardcore Stubleing and Not running right! PLease need help bad!!!