LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Delteq installed!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 09:45 AM

Originally posted by Alex94TAGT

There's a few pros and cons that I see for each:

Delteq:
(requires MSD DIS-4 Ignition box for forced-induction/nitrous applications)

Hi this unit does not require MSD box because it has enough juice to fire under forced or nitrous applications. Check out Claudes post.. AKA: (95 Silver TA )

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showt...5&pagenumber=3
Old 06-04-2004, 03:55 PM

Originally posted by The Highlander
THEY ARE AVAILABLE BECAUSE I HAVE A SET!!!

which is why I am recommending them...

Give paul a call.
(Regarding the LTCC FRC's available from MBA products.)

You left out the most important part -- How much does it cost? The price tag is not listed on their website, which is why I assumed it was not ready for sale yet. Clearly, I was wrong. It does not concern me in particular -- I was merely curious.

Originally posted by Maldo
Hi this unit does not require MSD box because it has enough juice to fire under forced or nitrous applications. Check out Claudes post.. AKA: (95 Silver TA )
Is Delteq aware of this? That's good news. I only stated that in my first post because Delteq has it posted on their website, and Pete has mentioned it in a few posts here at CZ28. And, it is important to point out that the LTCC has a rev limiter and ignition retard feature built in (though, I've read only one can be used at a time -- I'm uncertain if there's any truth to that statement). At least, for the sake of pointing out what is needed for 'similar features'.

While I'm sure the voltage output is fully capable of producing spark under high-load situations (clearly, Silver95TA isn’t having trouble); however, that is not to say that an ignition retard or rev limiter feature would not be desirable on the more radical applications. Of course, the MSD DIS-4 box has many more features than just programmable ignition retard and rev limiters...

Actually, I'm a little confused as to how the coils "have enough juice to fire under forced or nitrous applications" -- presumably meaning that a stock LT1 ignition cant, whereas the Delteq unit can. While I can’t seem to find an exact number, the Northstar coils supposedly have an output voltage somewhere in the vicinity of 40-kV +. Oddly, that is very similar to aftermarket LT1 coils. And, judging by Pete's posts in the past, upwards of 85-90% of that power is sent to the cylinder on the compression stroke. If that is so, then you could expect to have roughly 34-36,000 volts going to the firing cylinder -- all other things being equal (-wire resistance, etc.).

The Hypertech coil I was using prior to the Delteq had a supposed output of 53-kV, so one would assume it would be capable of performing the same as the Delteq -- assuming 'juice' alone was responsible. (For comparison, the stock coil should be rated around 38kV). Although, the hypertech coil did not have as long of a dwell time as the 4 coils used in the Delteq kit, which may be the answer to my question -- but otherwise I'm not sure how much MORE voltage the Delteq kit produces over a mildly-upgraded factory ignition...

In other words, I think there is more to it than merely coil output. Perhaps because it is a DIS ignition (superior to a cap-and-rotor), which might facilitate more voltage to the cylinder being fired exactly when it is needed. I wont even pretend to understand the inner-workings of either system, but I find it interesting...

Last edited by Alex94TAGT; 06-04-2004 at 04:16 PM.
Old 06-04-2004, 05:38 PM

ALEX!!!! long time no see BUD!!! wwwwassU!P?

i see yur mods are adding up! keep in touch dammit last i heard you had a stock car, not you have headers, suspension delteq and stuff (exagerating a bit lol)

i am considering this delteq system when my opti goes
Old 06-08-2004, 02:43 PM

Here's the pricing I got from Paul@MBA for the covers.

Anodized Black or Satin $ 260.00 set
Polished $ 290.00 set.

Finish choice is for the Fuel Rail Covers only.
The LTCC brackets are only available in Satin.