LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Dexcool

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 02:22 PM
Administrator

Originally posted by InjectedSS
Hmmmmmm Do I Smell Dick?? Blow You? Sweet ***, you don't gotta get all butt hurt cause the green stuff works better for you than the orange stuff when your butt raping your little brother were talking about CARS here
Let's save this latest tirade for a little review by the Admins.

DrewHMS's post is already copied so he can't delete it.

Sad
Old 01-27-2004, 03:20 PM
Banned

Originally posted by nitropatch
i baught my car used and it came with the orange stuff and i have never had a problem with it and i have done 3 motor swaps and still run the same dexcool so i dont know what is happeneing to your cars.
WERD Thanks what Im talking about.

Originally posted by Injuneer
Let's save this latest tirade for a little review by the Admins.

DrewHMS's post is already copied so he can't delete it.

Sad
Oh well you gotta do what you gotta do. Im not gonna sit and listen to some goober talk $hit and not say anything back. This is a free country, if you wanna try to take away my right to free speech then go ahead, just remember what country you live in
Old 01-27-2004, 03:32 PM

i agree, i like the orange personally. have had zero probs don't know what you girls are whining about
Old 01-27-2004, 04:05 PM

ha how can everyone rely on the manufacturer and what they say....they are willing to charge you $1200 to change out your plugs and wires....therefore how could you take their word on it....im not expert when it comes to motors but i dont see myself relying on the dealer to tell me how to treat my car ....he'll say anything he can just to get your business at high dollar when it breaks down.

By the way... think of the people who work in retail...they are gonna tell you that you need somethin just to make money....hopefully itll break down and you'll be back or they will sell you somethin outrageous hoping that maybe it will work for you and they'll make mass commission....

...I'd rather rely on people from this board than a dealer....
Old 01-27-2004, 05:35 PM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by InjectedSS
WERD Thanks what Im talking about.

Oh well you gotta do what you gotta do. Im not gonna sit and listen to some goober talk $hit and not say anything back. This is a free country, if you wanna try to take away my right to free speech then go ahead, just remember what country you live in
Just remember that posting on this site is a privilege, not a right. I might also add that this right can very easily be taken away.

I suggest you take it down a couple of notches InjectedSS, if you want to stick around here anyways. No more name calling and ridiculing. There are ways to make your point without acting the fool. I suggest you either try them or leave.
Old 01-27-2004, 06:22 PM

Originally posted by 95 Z/28 LT1
Just remember that posting on this site is a privilege, not a right. I might also add that this right can very easily be taken away.

I suggest you take it down a couple of notches InjectedSS, if you want to stick around here anyways. No more name calling and ridiculing. There are ways to make your point without acting the fool. I suggest you either try them or leave.
intresting, not trying to get in the middle but wasn't there someone else involved here to? you seem to be lecturing only one person maybe you should try seeing the whole picture. if someone called me a jack *** and to me to blow them id go off too. just my two cents
Old 01-27-2004, 06:36 PM

not to point fingers, but wasnt there someone else who referred to me as stupid, on a subject they clearly don't know everything about?
Old 01-27-2004, 08:37 PM

Making lots of new friends aren't ya Drew?
Old 01-27-2004, 08:58 PM

sure no one has ever had a problem with dexcool. that is why so many lawyers are lining up to sue gm.

get your head out of your ***. dexcool is a short ride to a bad cooling system.
Yep...Lawyers lining up to sue GM. I guess thats a good indicator of the truth.

GM can use my 300k Pontiac Grand Prix, its pristine cooling system and original water pump as a defense any time. My wife's 95 Monte Carlo has 126k on it & the original water pump too. Just kept them topped off and changed at 100k. Dexcool works. The only problems with it are related to the cooling system getting air whipped into the coolant. Leaky radiator caps and failure to maintain the coolant level over time cause this.

If you believe trial lawyers, you need to get your head out of their ***.
Old 01-27-2004, 09:24 PM

After reading this thread I'm glad I'm using Evans NPG+ waterless coolant
Old 01-27-2004, 09:46 PM

sure no one has ever had a problem with dexcool. that is why so many lawyers are lining up to sue gm.

get your head out of your ***. dexcool is a short ride to a bad cooling system.
Life lesson #101, Lawyers are not interested in justice or civic duty, they are interested in money. Especially when it comes to suing large corporations.

I didn't say mudding couldn't happen BTW, but it is easily avoided by doing things that most people with a brain stem would do anyway. Keep the system full and use a good cap.

If you don't know how to test a cap or have tools to do it (I do) go do a dealer and get a NEW cap when you flush the cooling system. They are only about $6-8.00.

I have not owned a car since 1996 (when dexcool was introduced) that hasn't had Dexcool in it. I don't even keep regular coolant around because if a car comes to me, that is what it gets when it leaves. The stuff works and keeps the cooling system cleaner than silicated coolant.
Old 01-28-2004, 02:17 AM

Cool

Lets be diplomatic.After all,this is a help post.If everybody starts arguing,then what is the original poster left to think?.Previous posts have shown that people who get upset,simply disapear, then come back as a new member,then disapear completely .Just use what makes you happy.This subject has been beat

en to death for a long time.Got beer?
(spelling check)
Old 01-29-2004, 03:56 AM

Originally posted by MACGI 98 Z28
Yep...Lawyers lining up to sue GM. I guess thats a good indicator of the truth.

GM can use my 300k Pontiac Grand Prix, its pristine cooling system and original water pump as a defense any time. My wife's 95 Monte Carlo has 126k on it & the original water pump too. Just kept them topped off and changed at 100k. Dexcool works. The only problems with it are related to the cooling system getting air whipped into the coolant. Leaky radiator caps and failure to maintain the coolant level over time cause this.

If you believe trial lawyers, you need to get your head out of their ***.
no one ever said believe trial lawers, but there have been a lot of reported troubles with dexcool. its not the worst, but i dont think its great either.

not really disbelief, but id like to see 1, a grand prix with 300k on the original motor, and 2, 300k on an original waterpump. longest ive seen a gm pump last is 110k
Old 01-29-2004, 06:45 AM

not really disbelief, but id like to see 1, a grand prix with 300k on the original motor, and 2, 300k on an original waterpump. longest ive seen a gm pump last is 110k
My dad has a 1992 Bonneville SSE with 180,000 miles on it. - Original water pump. And I converted it over to Dexcool about 2 years ago, still no sludge.

After 100,000 miles, any waterpump on any car owes you nothing it could crap out at any moment. I don't see where GM water pumps are inferior to Honda or Toyota waterpumps in this respect.
Old 01-29-2004, 07:41 AM

My experience with Dexcool:

I bought the car in the sig in September, 1996. I changed the coolant for the first time in May 2003 at about 90,000 miles. No problems. So I went beyond the recommended interval and still had no problems with gelling or water pump failure. YMMV

Quick Reply: Dexcool