LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Disappointing track times

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Zeueses 97 RamAir
I have an LG Motorsports torque arm I nevr used on my car scared to break rear end 410s in the backnever put it on..
Wheel hop can be just as bad or worst then a dead hook for the 10bolt! Full suspension, welded axle tubes, and an aftermarket cover can make the 10bolt take quite a bit of abuse in an auto. Mine held up to multiple mid/high 11s NA with my stock shortblock build, but it will be a time bomb with the stroker...Everyone kept telling me it would not even hold with bolt-ons and DRs, but it is pretty hit or miss. Some last a while, and others grenade on stock cars.

To the OP, I agree that a lot of the "missing" ET is due to the TCI and 9". Your combo really does not call for a 9", and IMO you would pick up a lot by going with a yank and a 12bolt over the TCI/9" combo. Whats done is done though, and with more suspension you should still run some decent times. I would still ditch that TCI though...the 3k Coan may actually ET better then the 3600TCI, and it will pick up some mph for sure.

That is besides the fact that the stock heads are holding you back a lot with that cam - when you are able to finally get them ported the car will really wake up! Solid 11's on motor and 10s on nitrous for sure...

Keep us posted, I am pretty interested to see what you can get out of it with a new stall and ported heads .
Old 09-30-2008, 11:32 AM

I did some research and the 9" really doesn't use up a whole lot more power than a 12 bolt, and I liked the fact that the 9" is much stronger, plus the ease of gear/center section swaps. It was worth the sacrifice in power in my eyes.

Heads are definitely in the works for next year. I still haven't decided if I'm going to have the stockers re-worked, or get some Darts and try them out of the box, then have them ported next winter. We'll see how the budget plays out. Same thing with the convertor. If I can afford it, I will look into something else in the spring.

I have a Random Technology torque arm that I bought, but it won't fit the mount on the 9" so as soon as I can get that sold Im going to pick up either a BMR or UMI, and I have lower control arm relocation brackets I need welded on as well. Slicks are also coming in the spring for sure.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:39 AM

Here's a couple vids from two of my n/a runs on Sunday at Byron. Both Cobras are my friends. Please right click and "Save As" to save bandwidth on my friend's page.

Wiked03 vs Aron
Carl and Aron (Aron off the bottle, Carl missed 3rd gear)
http://home.comcast.net/~gnxs/byron/carlvsaron.wmv

GNXS vs Aron
Me vs Aron (Aron off the bottle)
http://home.comcast.net/~gnxs/byron/gnxsvaron.wmv