LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

DMH Electric cutouts - a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 08:49 PM

DMH Electric cutouts - a few questions

I had a QTEC for awhile and sold it because it constantly leaked, and they ignored me when I asked if they would honor their warranty. Now I'm looking into getting an electric cutout again, and was wondering about DMH. I have a few questions for those of you running DMH.

1. How is the customer service?

2. Does it leak AT ALL?

3. Overall, are you satisfied? Would you have gone any other way?

-Matt
Old 05-06-2004, 10:47 PM

Customer service is absolutely top notch! A search will turn up the same answer time and time again.

I do not believe mine leaks at all, although it's only been installed for 3 days.

No, I would not have gone any other way after researching electric cutouts; It seems no other company can touch the quality of both DMHs product and customer service (4 year warranty!)

Thomas.
Old 05-06-2004, 11:30 PM

excellent, excellent, excellent. I would recommend dave's product to anyone. He stands behind it no matter the problem. I had a minor problem with mine and he sent me a brand new one a couple days later. If you getting an ecutout, go with a dmh for sure. -Michael
Old 05-07-2004, 12:37 AM

1. I took me a while to get mine. I ordered two DMH cut-outs around january 03. At the time he was behind and said it would take a month before he could make and ship the pair. I was very patient but after almost two months and no electric cut-outs I e-mailed him and asked him what was going on. He called me right away and said he had shipped them when he said he would and did not know why I didn't get them. He sent two more and they were in my hand 3 days later. I have no reason not to believe him. I realize things do get lost in the mail.

2. My DMH does not leak at all after 15 months and about 10K miles. Still works like new.

3. I think Dave make the highest quality elecric cut-out available. He also stands behind his work. I would do business with him again.
Old 05-07-2004, 02:57 AM

Where can I look at DMH cut-outs, an internet addy?
Old 05-07-2004, 07:30 AM

Originally posted by Greasepunk
Where can I look at DMH cut-outs, an internet addy?
You can see them here:
http://www.dmhperformance.com

And my personal install page :
http://camaroz28.cardomain.com/memberpage/342629/5

My Video Clips can be seen/heard here:
http://home.comcast.net/~mootoo/ANTI-VENOM.html

I think its a GREAT Product, had it installed for about 8K miles without any issues. His customer service is also fantastic and the best warranty you will find on a E-cutout.

Thx,
Claude
Old 05-07-2004, 08:25 AM

I just installed a DMH Borla cutout last month, it's a very nice piece, completely adjustable too which is cool. Working perfect so far.
Old 05-07-2004, 09:34 AM

I had the same experience with my qtp..it leaks annoyingly when closed and got only vague well put some rtv on it response from the qtp maker.Also qtp is a poor design you can't use a gasket in between cutout and qtp pretty sure you can with the dmh.
The qtp did work ok except for the rattling.

I just received a dmh yesterday and will likely install it in next little while.I have high hopes it won't leak and rattle closed and
will be ordering likely two or three more of them for my other cars if it works right with no rattling.

It took a few weeks to get no big deal understand sometimes these things take time and Dave is busy guy.I think ordering in the slower winter season is probably best but really its not like its a critical part guys.

An electric cutout is one of the best most fun mods you can get.It turns the car from mellow to tiger in a few seconds.Its awesome for scaring ricers and old ladies etc..LOL

I love having one on my 99ta.Likely get a borla one for my 96z and twin controllers on my big block 80 ta.
Old 05-07-2004, 11:38 AM

Wow, thanks alot for all the responses....I expected my thread to be on page 8

I'll be getting one soon!

Thanks again,
-Matt
Old 05-07-2004, 11:54 AM

I'm pretty happy with my DMH cutout. It opens and closes fast and it is a quality peice. So far his customer service is great. But i think i'm gonna email him today because i think mine is leaking. If the cutout is closed and i rev the car a little it sounds sort of funny like a slight rattle noise or something. But if i open the cutout up i don't hear the noise.

Also 80TA i noticed you said you were gonna get them for your other cars. Does that include the Talon? My friend has a Talon TSI and he likes my cutout and was thinking of getting one for his car. Do you think it would help or sound okay? He has an Apex i Downpipe and the apex n1 catback.
Old 05-07-2004, 12:23 PM

Well thats what bugs me on the qtp and buddies mccord 2.They both leak when fully closed and by leak mean rattle.Hate it.True you can just crack it open an little and it quiets up but still when I want it closed totally I want it closed totally.So really hope the dmh doesn't leak.

And not sure about for the talon.I have the exact same exhaust system apex catback and n1 downpipe and its pretty loud already with that setup so dont' think will bother with cutout in that car.I want a borla and electric in the 96 z and dual ones in my 80 big block.But first this new dmh better not leak.!!!!
Old 05-07-2004, 01:00 PM

I was the test car for his cutout as I live about 30 minutes from him.

From the very first one he made and installed on my car, they have not leaked at all.
Old 05-07-2004, 01:53 PM

Sweet, thanks
Old 05-07-2004, 07:46 PM

Anyone else?
Old 05-08-2004, 12:10 AM

Originally posted by 95 Silver TA
You can see them here:
http://www.dmhperformance.com

And my personal install page :
http://camaroz28.cardomain.com/memberpage/342629/5

My Video Clips can be seen/heard here:
http://home.comcast.net/~mootoo/ANTI-VENOM.html

I think its a GREAT Product, had it installed for about 8K miles without any issues. His customer service is also fantastic and the best warranty you will find on a E-cutout.

Thx,
Claude
Wow! Thanx buddy, those are hellu cheap compared to the other ones I've looked at and they have a longer warranty....sweet....

now a "?" for you.. did you notice more low/mid/high -end HP/tourque? which an how big of a diff..

Quick Reply: DMH Electric cutouts - a few questions