LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Don't believe in factory freaks?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2004, 10:07 AM

Re: Don't believe in factory freaks?

Are you 100% sure its stock? I thought mine was when I bought it, it was 100% stock externally. Then I pulled the Valve covers to adjust the rockers and found some nice crane 1.6's and dual Valve springs. Then a few months ago when I pulled the intake manifold to change my cam I found out that my heads are ported. Just a little heads up that you might find goodies already installed in your car...
Old 11-07-2004, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by mattybz28
I do have some weight reduction, but not much. I took out the back seat and passanger seat for the times posted. Bumper supports still there.. ac.. all that still in the car.
Was the scale you used accurate? 3150# for minimum removal seems light to me.
Old 11-07-2004, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by SS MPSTR
Was the scale you used accurate? 3150# for minimum removal seems light to me.
I never said that was my weight.. someone joked saying that was my weight. My car is no where near that light. And i weigh about 200lbs... car isn't light at all.
Old 11-07-2004, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by speed_demon24
Are you 100% sure its stock? I thought mine was when I bought it, it was 100% stock externally. Then I pulled the Valve covers to adjust the rockers and found some nice crane 1.6's and dual Valve springs. Then a few months ago when I pulled the intake manifold to change my cam I found out that my heads are ported. Just a little heads up that you might find goodies already installed in your car...
I have taken the valve covers off and that was all stock.. I havn't looked any further, but doubt a car has engine work done to it but still had the stock GM exhaust on it.
Old 11-07-2004, 12:36 PM

Looks like a stall or gears are in thre IMO. Really hard to get a stock gear/stall car to leave that hard, even more so on street tires. Not saying it isnt possible, but I would bet against it being as stock as you think it is.
Old 11-07-2004, 12:50 PM

and when i say street tires i mean BFG kdws's [/QUOTI work at a big tire shop and if those are the tires im thinking of they kind of look like flames dont they? If there kdws's then they are a near drag radial, those tires are some of the nicest every day tires you can buy. just thought i might mention. By the way those are still unbeleivable times!
Old 11-07-2004, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by wot-z28
and when i say street tires i mean BFG kdws's [/QUOTI work at a big tire shop and if those are the tires im thinking of they kind of look like flames dont they? If there kdws's then they are a near drag radial, those tires are some of the nicest every day tires you can buy. just thought i might mention. By the way those are still unbeleivable times!
http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/image...kdws_large.jpg
Those are my tires. I wish they were drag radials..
Old 11-07-2004, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by atljar
Looks like a stall or gears are in thre IMO. Really hard to get a stock gear/stall car to leave that hard, even more so on street tires. Not saying it isnt possible, but I would bet against it being as stock as you think it is.
Stock stall and gears.. Jacked up the rear end in the past and counted drive shaft revolutions.
Old 11-07-2004, 02:47 PM

My bad on the tires, i was thinking of another set on the kdw line that has some of the best compound technology out there. take it easy, and have fun with that mean machine!
Old 11-07-2004, 03:43 PM

Your times and mph are good for an A4, but I dont think they're really that "freakish." A borla catbak is one of the better flowing catbacks, and a CAI gives a good gain on stock cars. I say +1mph for the Borla and +1.2mph for the CAI, maybe more. Since you got a 60' time that any stock suspension and tire f-body owner would LOVE to even get close to, I say your car is just running good (recent tuneup, engine in good shape, etc). Either way, congrats though.

Jason
Old 11-07-2004, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by mebanditws6
Your times and mph are good for an A4, but I dont think they're really that "freakish." A borla catbak is one of the better flowing catbacks, and a CAI gives a good gain on stock cars. I say +1mph for the Borla and +1.2mph for the CAI, maybe more. Since you got a 60' time that any stock suspension and tire f-body owner would LOVE to even get close to, I say your car is just running good (recent tuneup, engine in good shape, etc). Either way, congrats though.

Jason
If you know of an m6 that does any better, let me know. I've yet to see any difference between a4 times and m6 times..
Old 11-07-2004, 06:23 PM

Ok... that sucks.. You prob got that time mis-quoted cuz that ain't shat for full bolt ons.. headers.. and roller rockers also being tuned.

what's a d.a. of 3000 mean?
You talk crap, and you don't even know what D.A. is

D.A. stands for density altitude. Density altitude is the corrected altitude considering weather factors. That means that the time was achieved at more than 3000' above sea level. So, in all actuallity, you could take about a half second off that time.
Old 11-07-2004, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by ZaneO
You talk crap, and you don't even know what D.A. is

D.A. stands for density altitude. Density altitude is the corrected altitude considering weather factors. That means that the time was achieved at more than 3000' above sea level. So, in all actuallity, you could take about a half second off that time.
most people say elevation, and it was hardly "talkin crap" Props on your times man.. wasn't knocking your car at all.
Old 11-07-2004, 08:18 PM
Texas Moderator (1998-2009)

If you know of an m6 that does any better, let me know. I've yet to see any difference between a4 times and m6 times..

Mine did marginally better - driving w/ two feet. 13.01@106.9 .. cutout and cold air. 2.04 60' . Feb.14th 1999, @ 10:57am . <- I scanned the timeslip since it was the quickest known car 2 the time. For the mods. Err.. lack of
Old 11-07-2004, 08:20 PM

Most people who know about racing, understand clearly about D.A. and its relevance to times.

It's not my car, so I don't care, but there was no "mis-quoted cuz that ain't shat for full bolt ons"

Quick Reply: Don't believe in factory freaks?