LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Drag Radials?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 12:11 PM

Drag Radials?

Hey, does anyone make drag radials thay fit the 18 zo6 vette rims? I have the 18's that are 9.5 inchs wide. Thanks and God Bless
Old 08-12-2003, 12:20 PM

BFG does.

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/bfgap.../05282003A.jsp
Old 08-12-2003, 01:03 PM
Banned

BFG?? cough JUNK cough

get the nittos! why im not a drag radial fan by all means i would DEFINATELY get the nittos!

NITTO TIRES
they have a 305-45-R18 just click "extreme tire line" then go to 555R
Old 08-12-2003, 01:43 PM

I would rather run the BFG's, I seemed to get much better traction with BFG's, but they won't last as long.
Old 08-12-2003, 02:35 PM
Administrator

Originally posted by InjectedSS
BFG?? cough JUNK cough

get the nittos! why im not a drag radial fan by all means i would DEFINATELY get the nittos!

NITTO TIRES
they have a 305-45-R18 just click "extreme tire line" then go to 555R
Just curious.... is there anything you don't think is JUNK?

BFG 315/35-17 Drag Radials, and lovin' 'em more than ever. .

The 305/45 Nitto is almost 29" in diameter... a good choice if you like that jacked up off-roader look

Last edited by Injuneer; 08-12-2003 at 02:41 PM.
Old 08-12-2003, 03:03 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Injuneer
Just curious.... is there anything you don't think is JUNK?

BFG 315/35-17 Drag Radials, and lovin' 'em more than ever. .

The 305/45 Nitto is almost 29" in diameter... a good choice if you like that jacked up off-roader look
LOL yes i think

like i said im not a drag radial fan to begin with so maybe i shouldnt comment but i just prefered the nittos over the bfg's as far as traction goes! havent seen the 18's in person!

how bout this... for traction THEY BOTH ARE JUNK get some dayum et streets or et drags
Old 08-12-2003, 03:29 PM

I'd go with the BFG's if traction is #1 priority. The nittos wear better but don't hook near as good. There are guys around here (Mustands) running 6's in the 1/8 on BFG's but the Nitto guys just can't hook as well. They even tried the long burnouts that Nitto recommends (as well as myself....tried long short and bout everything under the sun) but they just aren't as good for traction.

Joe
Old 08-12-2003, 03:57 PM
Banned

Originally posted by FireAm94
I'd go with the BFG's if traction is #1 priority. The nittos wear better but don't hook near as good. There are guys around here (Mustands) running 6's in the 1/8 on BFG's but the Nitto guys just can't hook as well. They even tried the long burnouts that Nitto recommends (as well as myself....tried long short and bout everything under the sun) but they just aren't as good for traction.

Joe
didnt bfg come out with some NEW drag radials maybe thats why im soo confused cause the ones i remember seeing were JUNK i rember the ones i seen had like a flat strip in the middle and then had tread on the outside! are their newer ones since those??
Old 08-12-2003, 04:04 PM

Yeah there are newer ones....but those guys I mentioned ran the older style before they had to switch to the new style (no longer make em). The new style is supposed to do better in the rain too. The old style would hydroplane fairly easy at 6o mph.....my nittos did pretty well in the rain though. Oh yeah.....what made you think they were junk?

Joe
Old 08-12-2003, 04:29 PM
Administrator

Originally posted by InjectedSS
didnt bfg come out with some NEW drag radials maybe thats why im soo confused cause the ones i remember seeing were JUNK i rember the ones i seen had like a flat strip in the middle and then had tread on the outside! are their newer ones since those??
Did you ever own/run BFG Drag Radials - or have you "heard some horror stories"? Yes, I love my 28" Hoosier QTP's and M/T ET Drags for the strip, but sometimes you need a little traction on the street, and the BFG 315 DR's are the only thing I have found that have a snowball's chance in Hell of providing any sort of street grip with a nitroused stroker, high stall converter and 4.10's.......

And yes, these are the clunky "old" style with "flat strip in the middle and then had tread on the outside!". BFG still makes these..... they are called the "Comp T/A Drag Radials". The "new" BFG's are intended for sport compacts, and are the g-Force T/A Drag Radials.

But then we don't want to let the facts get in the way......

BFG Comp T/A DR's (on the left )
Old 08-12-2003, 04:51 PM

I own BFG DRs and think they're awesome and hook REALLY well. My friend has the new G-force Drag Radials on his 2002 GT w/ 18" chrome Bullit rims and they look sweet. I dont know how good they are but I almost bought them over the traditional Comp T/A DRs that I have now. They feel a tad bit softer than my tires so they may hook better.
Old 08-12-2003, 05:21 PM

I had a 1.41 60' on the last pass I made at the track last week. I like the BFG drag radials. I'm confident I can get a 1.3X 60' on radials.. Traction is affected alot more by suspension than tires.
Old 08-12-2003, 05:29 PM

Thumbs up

WOW
Old 08-12-2003, 06:39 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Injuneer
Did you ever own/run BFG Drag Radials - or have you "heard some horror stories"? Yes, I love my 28" Hoosier QTP's and M/T ET Drags for the strip, but sometimes you need a little traction on the street, and the BFG 315 DR's are the only thing I have found that have a snowball's chance in Hell of providing any sort of street grip with a nitroused stroker, high stall converter and 4.10's.......

And yes, these are the clunky "old" style with "flat strip in the middle and then had tread on the outside!". BFG still makes these..... they are called the "Comp T/A Drag Radials". The "new" BFG's are intended for sport compacts, and are the g-Force T/A Drag Radials.

But then we don't want to let the facts get in the way......

BFG Comp T/A DR's (on the left )
yea my buddy had a pair that i used once and i didnt like them at all! he had the OLD style though so i dunno how the new style is!
Old 08-12-2003, 06:42 PM
Banned

Originally posted by aggiez28
but et drags are junk for a good dialy driving tire.....

brook
yea and so is a ten second car

Quick Reply: Drag Radials?