LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Dynaspark/Delteq??

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2004, 11:21 PM

Dynaspark/Delteq??

Been having the same car problems for a good year now. The opti was replaced 3-4 years ago, and I am now torn in between these 2 setups in the title. Delteq recommends you leave the stock piece in place and just run into their system, while dynaspark is a complete replace for the stock setup.

I honestly don't know which one to get, both seem to have pros and cons and both can be had for near the same price. The thing I don't know is which would be best for me with the stumbling/missing problems I have had.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks
Jordan
Old 08-07-2004, 12:15 AM

Re: Dynaspark/Delteq??

well i have a dynaspark and havent had a problem yet, and purchased this back in Novemeber!!!
what you could do it buy a brand new opti and jsut use RTV and seal up the cracks to where nothing can get in........
DUH!!!!!!!

or just spend 600$ on a dynaspark...but id go with the Dyna bc i really felt a bit of differnece in the smoothness of the car and the power band...

I will give 2 Thumbs up on the Dynaspark......never had a prob with her yet!!

Randy
Old 08-07-2004, 08:31 AM

your comparing two totally differect setups though.the dynaspark is a opti replacement.the delteq is a coil pack design only using the optical sensor of the opti.i think its a no brainer to choose the delteq over any other opti system.the install is TOO easy and my friends car ran like a dream after we installed it.delteq is working a stage 2 system that deletes the opti completly.if you already have the stage 1 system it will be cheaper to upgrade to the stage 2 than it is if u buy it all the first time.and delteq has magnificent customer service.
Old 08-07-2004, 11:14 AM

To use the delteq, dont you need a properly working optispark? So if your opti goes out, you have to buy a new and the delteq?
Old 08-07-2004, 11:35 AM

I realize they are 2 different setups. But what PsstTA said was my biggest concern. If my opti is already not functioning properly would delteq solve my problems?
Old 08-07-2004, 11:43 AM

a properly working optical sensor, yes, how would you check that....well I guess if your cars still running your opti.'s telling the injectors to firing and reading the timing. I might be wrong but when the opti. sensor on my opti. went out my car wouldn't start so I guess if it's still runs your good!
Old 08-08-2004, 07:19 PM

Well I decided to go with dynaspark to be safe, and eventually if they release DelteqII I will look that way... Thanks for everyones help.