LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Dyno tuning in Dallas Area this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 07:47 PM

Dyno tuning in Dallas Area this weekend

I posted this in the vendor section, but I don't think many people saw it as I had lots of people asking right up until I put the dyno day together.
Here's a quick rundown.

We will be using the dyno at...

A and S in Keller TX
The address is
2985 Keller Hicks Rd
Keller, TX 76248

We will start at 10am and work till we are done. As I get a list of cars in I will make a schedule up and as you sign up let me know what time of day works best for you.
Including the dyno time we are looking at $300 per car for a dyno tune. LS1's LT1's, LS2's, trucks, are all welcome to come.
This is a great price for dyno tuning and may be my only trip to texas this year.
Drop me an email at programmer@pcmforless.com if interested

Thanks,
Bryan
Old 04-11-2007, 09:00 PM

I'll see you there.

Lloyd
Old 04-11-2007, 10:43 PM

So funny... I used to live in Keller in the late '90's and there was NOTHING going on there performance wise at least for 4th gens and now I read dyno tuning/dynos/shops and all kinds of crap are now there. Makes me sad I don't live there anymore.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:02 AM

anyone else gonna make it?
Old 04-13-2007, 09:11 AM

Lloyd,
Turnout is looking really low, not sure if it's the impending weather or the Nascar race. Funny, I get a call a week about coming to TX for dyno tuning and I put a trip together and all of a sudden no one is interested I have to fly in anyhow, so we can spend some good time with your car and the few Impalas that show up.
Thanks,
Bryan
Old 04-13-2007, 09:19 AM

I'd stop by to watch, but I'll be at the Nascar race all weekend. Good luck.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:20 AM

I would love to make it but I just found out I have the weaker Melling oil pump, and I only found out about this a couple of days ago. I didn't have time to rearrange my schedule will you come back anytime soon?
-b
Old 04-13-2007, 02:23 PM

Come to Shreveport La. My baby probaly needs to tweaked.There is no one close by other than Dallas or Baton Rouge to tune these cars in person
--That i know of
Old 04-13-2007, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by NightTrain66
anyone else gonna make it?
Well guess I may have to also.

Dropped off Scotts (actually my old laptop) yesterday programming out a little detonation from raising the compression over last weekend. Scott took a bud for a ride in my car. I'm sure he took it easy as he’d never run my car hard.

See ya guys, sounds like fun to hook up and say hi.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:01 AM

Still going to try and make it but it just dawned on me that I'll have to wade through the NASCAR traffic. I live NW of Dallas somewhat close the the track between two large lakes and two main feeder roads to the track are just north and south of my house. Landlocked due to the lakes and if the traffic is real bad, I just may turn and high tale it back.

This falls a bit into the tree that fell in the woods and no one was around….did it make any noise?? If there was a little more heads up I’d gladly exhibit a little Texas hospitality and make it a little more festive by doing something like Kansas City style ribs, smoked Jamaican Jerk chicken or even fajitas for you guys. Whatever fits your fancy as I cook as a hobby and not a bad host even if I do say so myself.

Make a little better noise next time. Hell, we even sell beer here in Texas too.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:38 PM

Wow Denny that's very nice of you, hey if you do come back down sometime I'll bring something too, drinks, food whatever. Just give me a little more heads up because I'm coming from houston, and have to rearrange my schedule sometimes.
-brandon
Old 04-15-2007, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by bdc95ta
Wow Denny that's very nice of you, hey if you do come back down sometime I'll bring something too, drinks, food whatever. Just give me a little more heads up because I'm coming from houston, and have to rearrange my schedule sometimes.
-brandon
We'll see how the mop flops but I was presented with a new automotive product and may be asked to help develop it and the inventor is in Houston. Jayson @ MTI is an old friend and haven't seen him in years, so I may do a road trip in the next month or so.

Thanks for the offer!!

Think Lloyd may post his dyno sheet from the session. I'll let him do it but for an automatic using his older generation heads/cam, it's pretty impressive.

Took Lloyd for a ride in my car and Murphy's law is alive and well. The car for some reason is down some of power and last week threw a 101 MAF code. Trying to figure out what is going on removed the billet MAF replacing it with an old stock MAF reprogramming the stock MAF recalibration back into the computer.

What I didn't realize is with the stock MAF calibration the car shuts down if it sees too much air flow. Normally shift the car @ 7200 rpm and the car acted like it was hitting the rev limiter just a little before that mark. Really threw my driving off as just about when I was ready to shift, the thing went dead. Bet Lloyd is thinking…….Boy that McLain guy is one ****ty driver, can’t shift one w/o hitting the rev limiter every time.

Hey, live n learn. We’ll just swap back to the billet housing and put back in the higher MAF recalibration.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:51 AM

Denny,

I could tell your car HAULS ***. It makes my car feel slow. It has to be at least 1/2 a second faster than mine and REALLY moves up top.

It is a real sleeper.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by NightTrain66
Denny,

I could tell your car HAULS ***. It makes my car feel slow. It has to be at least 1/2 a second faster than mine and REALLY moves up top.

It is a real sleeper.
FYI.....the files told ya I'm sending are on the way. Give me a call when your ready to install them and I'll help ya. As usual.....always a pleasure to see ya.