LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

ECM, tuning, programming guys in here...

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2003, 11:32 AM

ECM, tuning, programming guys in here...

I played with my regulator to get an extra 15rwhp and 18rwtq by leaning it out from 10.0 to 12.5ish. My question is, am I gonna loose the results? If I disconnect the battery, and let it sit for 30 seconds will it reset the computer and keep the change. So what I am saying is the following:

The computer hasnt readjusted yet and gone back to 10.0, but when it does can I reset the computer so it "forgets" so to speak. Like when I am about to run at the track. Reset it in the staging lanes and still have the power before the computer compensates.
Old 10-09-2003, 11:35 AM

I suppose you could try reseting the PCM and it should work if you do it just before the run, but it seems like a PITA method to gain some temporary power. Why don't you program it?
Old 10-09-2003, 11:44 AM

Originally posted by madwolf
I suppose you could try reseting the PCM and it should work if you do it just before the run, but it seems like a PITA method to gain some temporary power. Why don't you program it?
Ion, its me Jon, I have been back and fourth with you the last couple days. I am supposed to email you my new dyno data and datamaster logs. My timing peaked out at 41-42 degrees and my A/F off the bat pinned out at 10.0 . It was Bryan's old program from last year.
Old 10-09-2003, 11:57 AM

Re: ECM, tuning, programming guys in here...

Originally posted by RealQuick
I played with my regulator to get an extra 15rwhp and 18rwtq by leaning it out from 10.0 to 12.5ish. My question is, am I gonna loose the results? If I disconnect the battery, and let it sit for 30 seconds will it reset the computer and keep the change. So what I am saying is the following:

The computer hasnt readjusted yet and gone back to 10.0, but when it does can I reset the computer so it "forgets" so to speak. Like when I am about to run at the track. Reset it in the staging lanes and still have the power before the computer compensates.
Since you leaned it out by lowering fuel pressure, your blms should read higher than 128 (adding fuel). If you have not applied the blm locker program to your pcm file then when your car goes WOT it will use the blm's if they are over 130. This protects the engine from going lean at WOT. Look at cell 15 blm's in particular - and assuming your car runs in cell 15 at WOT - otherwise it will be cell 18.

What do you have against tuning your fuel curve in the pcm? Was your AFR steady across the board, or would you like to tweak it at certain rpm's? I have tunercat, I would be willing to work with you. I think we met at NEDT before....
Old 10-10-2003, 10:38 AM

Hey Jon,
sorry I didn't recognize you. I'm surprised it runs THAT rich. Something else may be wrong, but I'd be more than happy to take a look at your logs and your WB dyno sheet.