LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

emailed program from pcmforless how do I do it

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 09:44 PM

emailed program from pcmforless how do I do it

These are my instructions to load his program into my car. I'm retarded with computers so please help. I have windows xp and don't have a floppy in my labtop. any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Attached is your file. What you do is save the program from the email and run it. It is a zip file and will save all of the necessary files to the temp directory. Then go to the temp directory with a formatted floppy disk in the a: drive and run install. This will make a boot disk with all of the necessary files. Then put the boot disk in your a: drive and restart your computer. This will start the computer in DOS mode as you cannot run this software in windows. There are instructions through the process. I recommend running flshread first after booting off the floppy. This way you can save your stock program and test your new cable at the same time. Reading a PCM can never do harm to it. Under no circumstances should you ever run flshprog.exe or flshread.exe in WINDOWS. They can only be run off the boot disk or after the computer has been restarted in MSDOS mode only.

If you are running windows ME or XP your laptop may not boot into dos. You can download the windows version of the loading software at

http://www.tunercat.com/software/win...lash_setup.zip

Using that software you can load the .bin file that is attached that is named as yourname.bin where yourname is your first initial and last name.
Thanks for your order,