LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Engine rebuild pics 56k beware

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008 | 08:13 PM

I was excited to see a LT1 getting built. Like some meds, its (wood) was gonna last 4 hours, if not used
Old 06-12-2008 | 08:24 PM

Sorry... I thought something else. haha
Old 06-13-2008 | 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by SS RRR
Line boring is one of those things that takes extreme skill to do well. Some shops actually outsource that kind of work because it's a challenge to find someone who can do it right. I was in the same boat as you. The original shop I had to do my build had the machine to do it, but did not have the workforce so he sent the block to his guy and it sat at that guy's shop.... for six ****ing months before I got it back. Once it was back I yanked the block away from him and went with a much better shop. Hopefully you don't have to wait very long.
Hopefully you know your stock heads are going to kill you. Some stock block/heads/cam combos which are put together well will be able to outrun you pretty easy until you get your heads done (if they're done right ).
I don't think my builder would let it do that, should be out in the next 2 weeks I hope... gonna be aguest before I get to drive it I bet

Last edited by bombebomb; 06-13-2008 at 03:33 AM.
Old 06-13-2008 | 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by bombebomb
Just a little update, spoke to the engine builder yesterday, he said the shop who is doing the line bore (align?) and splayed caps, lost a few workers so thats why that is taking FOREVER. Im still waiting on Cam and ARP studs, but everything else is here, and waiting on the machine shop.
Line boring is one of those things that takes extreme skill to do well. Some shops actually outsource that kind of work because it's a challenge to find someone who can do it right. I was in the same boat as you. The original shop I had to do my build had the machine to do it, but did not have the workforce so he sent the block to his guy and it sat at that guy's shop.... for six ****ing months before I got it back. Once it was back I yanked the block away from him and went with a much better shop. Hopefully you don't have to wait very long.
Hopefully you know your stock heads are going to kill you. Some stock block/heads/cam combos which are put together well will be able to outrun you pretty easy until you get your heads done (if they're done right ).
Old 06-13-2008 | 05:58 AM

Ok guys since thunderracing is having a 10% off sale, I think im going to buy my injectors today I think im buying these as stated earlier http://www.thunderracing.com/catalog...vid=4&pcid=163 Its the first one under racetronix, any objections? I think for $299 its a good deal.
Old 06-26-2008 | 12:10 PM

Got my injectors in yesterday from Thundderacing, very quick shipping.
Racetronix 42lb injectors.
Name:  injectors.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  83.1 KB
Sorry for bad photo, colorful background. I tried getting a more clear image, but failed lol. Going to call engine builder today to see if my motor is out of the machie shop yet, they are taking forever....

Last edited by bombebomb; 12-01-2008 at 09:33 PM.
Old 07-02-2008 | 12:24 PM

Anyone know where to get a lunati 60122 cam at? jegs is backorderd, summit is backorderd, and I need it with in the week. Ebay not being an option.
Old 07-02-2008 | 12:34 PM

Iv heard that if you cut open a fram and compare to others you can clearly see fram sucks. Iv read other info aswell but iv forgotten it, therefore I do not have a good anwser for you, sorry. While im still debateing a cam, anyone wish to take an injector size guess?
I used to use Fram, and then switched to Mobil 1 filters later on. How do those compare to others?

Thanks
Old 07-02-2008 | 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by chris8835
I used to use Fram, and then switched to Mobil 1 filters later on. How do those compare to others?

Thanks
Not sure, like I said iv just heard Fram is bad.
Old 07-02-2008 | 02:17 PM

Got my injectors in yesterday from Thundderacing, very quick shipping.
Racetronix 42lb injectors.

Sorry for bad photo, colorful background. I tried getting a more clear image, but failed lol. Goning to call engine builder today to see if my motor is out of the machie shop yet, they are taking forever....
Very nice. I have the same ones, got mine from Thunderracing as well.
Old 07-02-2008 | 02:40 PM

Got my super damper, and ARP studs today from summit, pics coming soon. Still no luck on cam. EDIT: just orderd cam from summit, hope there website is just wrong like always on backorderd items.
Name:  arpstudati.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  68.6 KB
I had the damper out, but forgot to snap photo before I put it back in its VERY TIGHT fit box.

Last edited by bombebomb; 07-02-2008 at 03:36 PM.
Old 07-02-2008 | 10:08 PM

Got my super damper, and ARP studs today from summit, pics coming soon. Still no luck on cam. EDIT: just orderd cam from summit, hope there website is just wrong like always on backorderd items.
No luck trying to find other Lunati dealers or going straight to Lunati themselves?
Old 07-02-2008 | 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by seawolf06
No luck trying to find other Lunati dealers or going straight to Lunati themselves?
I went to lunatis website hopeing to find a list of vendors except an ebay link I think, but no such luck. And when I google the cam name and number I do not get any vendors, just forum posts talking about it. Never tried lunati directly, I was under the impression they only sold to business, who sold to us.
Old 07-02-2008 | 10:25 PM

I went to lunatis website hopeing to find a list of vendors except an ebay link I think, but no such luck. And when I google the cam name and number I do not get any vendors, just forum posts talking about it. Never tried lunati directly, I was under the impression they only sold to business, who sold to us.
Try giving them a call. Couldn't hurt I guess.
Old 07-02-2008 | 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by seawolf06
Try giving them a call. Couldn't hurt I guess.
Yeah, id have to call summit and cancel then to. They dont really have an "easy" way to cancel. Ill think about it

Quick Reply: Engine rebuild pics 56k beware