LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Fbody motorsports in charlotte...bad business

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 10:16 PM

Re: Fbody motorsports in charlotte...bad business

come stop by and take a look at the pics for yourself.
Could you post the pictures online?
Old 07-21-2005, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by matt65
Could you post the pictures online?
Yes please do. i am not calling you a liar, but people lie and spread lie online. so if either of you can post any info it would be great.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:34 PM

yeah show em.... you know you can!!!!!
Old 07-21-2005, 10:46 PM
Advanced Member

I always find it strange when someone comments about a bad experience... the shoppe comes on this site with lengthy post to make the customer look bad. From there it's like a shoving match. Not saying a company is wrong for defending them selves against slander online, but it would make more sense to settle the matter privately off line, and ask one of the administrators to remove the post.

1600 to change out a timing chain and oil pan gasket? For 1/4 the price you could of had a new complete Milodon SBC oil kit, and a 6 pack of grape soda. That's one hell of an over charge for something the average joe could do in their driveway.

Last edited by Heatmaker; 07-21-2005 at 10:53 PM.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:51 PM

if you would have just seen it for yourself you would understand maybe, i think every shop should....it is like court tv. but i think that all these matters should not lead to bashing them on the net, that is the reason that i spoke up here....i would have donte it for creech too....these people know thier stuff
Old 07-21-2005, 10:54 PM

That may be an idea but both have the "alleged proof", i would love to see some of both if possible. Yeah lengthy posts won't change my mind here, anyone can talk but lets see some evidence. You know, Flamed Z may be a good guy, he may not be, same goes for 87whiteturd who knows. I would like to think that Flamed Z is not dumb enough to come here and post stuff like that if it wasn't the truth. I for one if i was gonna lie i wouldn't come in here saying that stuff after signing a waiver for the other issues. This is all a shoving match you are right, but we need some resolution thats for sure. You both say the other is lying, but who can prove it...show me.
Old 07-21-2005, 11:00 PM
Advanced Member

Flamed Z must have some creidibility. He was getting the car fixed and inspected so he could sell it... and he did pay quite a large amount to have the problem solved. If he was willing to go that far to save someone else a headache I'm sure he must not have much of a reason to fabricate truths.
Old 07-21-2005, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Heatmaker
Flamed Z must have some creidibility. He was getting the car fixed and inspected so he could sell it... and he did pay quite a large amount to have the problem solved. If he was willing to go that far to save someone else a headache I'm sure he must not have much of a reason to fabricate truths.
I have also been thinking this through, thats why it all doesn't seem to add up. They may be trying to retain there credibility by bashing him and his car. thats why I wanna see the pictures they are sooo willing to brag about having. He did pay an awful lot, seems like they gave him an assraping either way really. I would like i say, like to believe that nodody would make such blatent allegations and not have them be true. I have only met a few people in this lifetime that would be that dumb, thats what I mean...if they have the waiver and the pictures post up or shut up.
Old 07-21-2005, 11:11 PM

dont say they....it is only he! if i new any of you personally i would stick up for you as well if you were a decent guy/gal. whiteturd is the only one representing. i just know that just ****in dsomeone over is not what roy is about
Old 07-21-2005, 11:11 PM

it would make more sense to settle the matter privately off line.
Amen
Old 07-21-2005, 11:19 PM

I say post up the pics, and or a scan of the waiver he signed. Settle this whatever way possible, in or out of court. And each will get what they deserve, thats how it has to work. There have been alot of things said in this thread, and I think people should know about it. Then both sides can post up again if they want and clarify what the ruling or final decision was. Then IF the Flamed Z was lying it gets deleted. I think that the other board members needs to see the other info in this thread, as it pertains to any potential consumers of F body motorsports. I do think we will need to know the verdict before we go thrashing a very informative thread, it says alot about F body Motorsports and how they do business.
Old 07-21-2005, 11:27 PM

agree'd here. i really dont think they have anything to hide, but i know whiteturd, and i know he is not the one with the documents. maybe he can get them on here and evryone will see. but oh well. i am with the other guy it should have never have been posted in the first place, he was asking 9 grand for a 95 z on its 3rd motor. that is steep anyways

Last edited by qcworm; 07-22-2005 at 09:08 AM.
Old 07-22-2005, 08:52 AM

ok i will do that will an adminstrator please remove this post....i will contact the shop and see if this can get resolved. My point by this post was i had a bad experience with them and wanted the other members to know....im not no lt1 expert but i know enough....for gc the car had a custom paint job on it worth 5 grand and the motor came out of a 97 ss with 45,000 miles on it....as for whiteturd what the hell does any of that have to do with my problem i didn't bring it for the other stuff just the oil leak and how was i to know the oil pan had bolts missing thats what i brought it to your shop for and yes i admit there was rtv sealant around the timing cover not pretty.....but again i brought it there to get fixed right it still leaks....thanks for everyone's opinions on this i will keep you posted if nothing is resolved thanks
Old 07-22-2005, 09:42 AM
Advanced Member

Originally Posted by Flamed Z
ok i will do that will an adminstrator please remove this post....i will contact the shop and see if this can get resolved. My point by this post was i had a bad experience with them and wanted the other members to know....im not no lt1 expert but i know enough....for gc the car had a custom paint job on it worth 5 grand and the motor came out of a 97 ss with 45,000 miles on it....as for whiteturd what the hell does any of that have to do with my problem i didn't bring it for the other stuff just the oil leak and how was i to know the oil pan had bolts missing thats what i brought it to your shop for and yes i admit there was rtv sealant around the timing cover not pretty.....but again i brought it there to get fixed right it still leaks....thanks for everyone's opinions on this i will keep you posted if nothing is resolved thanks
You didn't do anything wrong... you just reported a bad experience... which is what we do to help eachother out on this site.

My comment was based to F-bodymotorsports. Rather than attempt to belittle you on a public forum (wich is rather unprofessional of a business) they should try and help you solve the issue privately.

Why don't you post some pictures of your car, and they areas tehy fixed for you.
Old 07-22-2005, 09:44 AM

Thanks man. Another thing here is, the guy has a list of problems out the wazzoo right, I know this may seem out of the question. But RTV everywhere, there probably was...maybe he stuffed some of the goop around the leaks to slow it down til he could get it fixed. Some of the stuff named is little ****, sounds to me like they have any issue with getting things done right as well. Because it still leaks, plain and simple. So ya spent $50 on nuts and bolts, maybe $250 for gaskets, and the rest was labor or what. Either way the price is high in my opinion. Just let us know whats happening.

Quick Reply: Fbody motorsports in charlotte...bad business