LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Fbody motorsports in charlotte...bad business

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 09:45 AM
Advanced Member

Re: Fbody motorsports in charlotte...bad business

Originally Posted by 89385formula
Thanks man. Another thing here is, the guy has a list of problems out the wazzoo right, I know this may seem out of the question. But RTV everywhere, there probably was...maybe he stuffed some of the goop around the leaks to slow it down til he could get it fixed. Some of the stuff named is little ****, sounds to me like they have any issue with getting things done right as well. Because it still leaks, plain and simple. So ya spent $50 on nuts and bolts, maybe $250 for gaskets, and the rest was labor or what. Either way the price is high in my opinion. Just let us know whats happening.

That's exactly the problem most guys on here that do thier own work realize with the post.
Old 07-22-2005, 09:58 AM

Yeah, thats what I mean. Put there poor business practices,and everyones poor experiences aside. I will not even think about that. The thing I see in this post is that either way a guy got charged $1600 for something I could have/ have done in my dirt driveway. He got the car after that and it still leaked. I will even put aside the fact that he had engine issues on the way home. He paid a rediculous amount for something, because they are a "specialty shop"...they can charge anything, sounds like he wanted it fixed right and that he paid the bill for it. For $1600 my fathers garage would have done pretty much everything listed, and it would not have leaked..it would have been tested, checked and everything fixed before he was called to pick it up. I have seen alot of shops do stuff like this, and not one of them was willing to admit it was there mistake..it would take a court ruling to make them pay, and they still feel its unfair. I mean maybe my idea and my fathers idea of a shop is different then their's, we would rather make a few less bucks then let something go out the door unfixed, we would rather have a return customer, than tell someone that if you don't wanna come back to our shop its no sweat off my brow. I know who feeds us, its the customers that do. So I will continue fighting shops that have poor business practices, continue fixing there work, and continue stating loud and proud that I am better than them and they should be "out of Business".
Old 07-22-2005, 10:11 AM

Nothing would every get done if you try to settle in private e-mail.
problems should be brought out in the open,that way if your so sure your right then you mind a jury to back you.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:17 AM

but in private i think he meant going to the shop, flamedz is a local hear in nc.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:27 AM

Im still curious why they were puttin coolant in it and priming it to be deliverd to the customer if there was still an oil leak?
Old 07-22-2005, 10:34 AM

because they dropped the whole engine/cradle out of the car.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:37 AM

But why get it ready to go when its appartnetly not (still has a leak)
Old 07-22-2005, 10:43 AM

????????? i dunno that. from what i hear he was not told to pick it up and was not told to take it home for the weekend, he signed off on it cause he didnt want to wait. roy told him they would fix it but he cant back it up IF he took it with him before it was fixed. but that is just what i heard
Old 07-22-2005, 01:01 PM
Super Moderator

Closed at the request of Flamed Z.

When this issue is resolved, send me an email and I will open this to post a follow-up.