LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

fuel pressure

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 03:35 PM

no fuel in line......very lil vac at idle...never have had alot of vac since i put my cam in...actually have a vac canister to my brakes just so i can stop and have to usually give my gas a lil wack to get the blower to blow
Old 04-21-2010, 05:22 PM

well thought i had everything going good till i drove the car and my fp was going all weird again.....when id nail the gas it dropped according to my gauge to almost 30 and the when i lifted it went to just over 40....shot car off to run into store and when i restarted it was all normal pressure wise but at a light at idle in gear i felt as if i had to give it a lil gas to keep it running and idling...well today i took the step of saying de hell with it and i threw a stock regulater back in it ...now i just need to find where i put my line adapter so i can reconnect the sending unit to it and see where the pressure is...i can say upon startup there was deff smoke comin from the rear but it cleared up and seemed to run better but not sure if it did or i just wanted it to so it felt that way.....now i just need to get money saved up for new o2s since i'm throwing codes on them andcould use new ones all the same and then a tune
Old 04-21-2010, 07:39 PM

ok well couldnt take it sitting here not knowing my fp so after tearing apart my room and truck found my adapter and hooked it up in the dark while raining...i'm showing a steady 47ish and with the vacuum disconected showing about 50....i'm figuring my gauge is prob off since its a cheapo glowshift electric gaude and sender....i'll hook up a mechanical gauge when i can track one down to verify reading....i'll let everyone know how she runs next week ...i'm takin her on a short trip from bk to li tomorrow and back and see how she runs on the road where i can open it up some
Old 04-26-2010, 01:16 PM

ok well here is my update after driving the car this weekend...fuel pressure seems to be fine and doing what it is supposed to with throttle responce....car is not overheating at all like it was...but i'm burning thru fuel twice as fast as b4...its like i'm running the car full throttle everywhere...i dont have any fuel in my oil so its not leakdown....and no fuel leaks...also i'm getting alot more lil backfiring out my exhaust then b4....any ideas.....gonna try to get my o2s on order ..thats all i can think of is its because my o2s may be bad