LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

gm parts direct buyers

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2004, 12:11 AM

Question gm parts direct buyers

have you gotten good customer service from them? parts on time etc. I'm kinda nervous after spending a bunch of money with them and now sitting here with no idea when and how my stuff is going to get here.
Old 03-11-2004, 12:23 AM

I have used GM Parts Direct, Jason, and Dal, and no complaints here. GM Parts Direct sends you tracking info via e-mail promptly and as far as responding to e-mail longest I have waited was 2 days for a responce.
Old 03-11-2004, 12:37 AM

My order was sent quickly and arrived even a day early when I used them.
Old 03-11-2004, 01:10 AM
Banned

Yea good time on getting parts... Just wait till you get to the shipping cost screen though
Old 03-11-2004, 03:28 AM

I didn't have a problem with them until I asked about a shipping charge that cost more than a part. They got rude real quick. All I did was ask a quesion, I was just trying to get clarification. Their prices are about the same as Jason Cromer/Dal, but their s&h charges are astronomical. No way I'd order anything from them again. You can get the same price but with the actual shipping charge (not some mysteriously inflated one) from Jason Cromer.
Old 03-11-2004, 06:24 AM

I've ordered from them and been satisfied. WRT the shipping and handling charges, I care about the bottom line and not what goes into it.

Rich Krause
Old 03-11-2004, 07:31 AM

Originally posted by rskrause
I've ordered from them and been satisfied. WRT the shipping and handling charges, I care about the bottom line and not what goes into it.

Rich Krause
I have found that Jason or Dal usually end up cheaper on most stuff (total price), plus their customer is good . I have heard nothing but complaints about gmpartsdirect's customer service and you must use email-cannot call them.
Old 03-11-2004, 09:01 AM

I've used gmpartsdirect, Dal, and several other low cost GM dealers, and have had good luck with all of them. GMParts sends you an email with tracking number after the order ships, and as far as the shipping, it states somewhere on their website that the shipping is where they make their profit. They list the parts for GM cost. Just make sure whenever you look at a part from them to go ahead and figure shipping before comparing the price to anyone else. I've found that even with their inflated shipping prices they are almost always still the cheapest place to buy from. However, if you like talking to a real person, then deal with Dal or one of the other GM parts dealers.
Old 03-11-2004, 09:10 AM

Ive used them 3 times and each time I got my stuff in one day. I just hate the way they charge you for the shipping.
Old 03-11-2004, 09:13 AM

Get stuff quickly, but shipping prices are outragious.
Old 03-11-2004, 09:35 AM
Banned

I've never had a problem with them. My stuff has always cost less through www.gmpartsdirect.com than dealers. All of my stuf has also come within a timely manner, and properly packaged.

The only complaint I have about them is that their shipping charges are astronomical. I believe they charge 15-20% of whatever the product price is for shipping.
Old 03-11-2004, 09:59 AM

Originally posted by ibanez6rg
Get stuff quickly, but shipping prices are outragious.
In most cases that is true. I usually price out things there before I buy from other places. I've used GMPartsDirect many times without complaints. Most recently I ordered my C5 brake kit from Team Chevrolet and they shipped quite fast and have really good prices.
Old 03-11-2004, 10:11 AM

I've bought a few things from them, their price with shipping is still much less than I can get from my local dealer so I dont mind if their profit is on the shipping. I bought the Hotcam kit from them last year and it came to $505 shipped, certainly not an outrageous price to me. (Jason and everyone else were backordered at the time)
Old 03-11-2004, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by Dan Oldham
The only complaint I have about them is that their shipping charges are astronomical. I believe they charge 15-20% of whatever the product price is for shipping.
I believe you are correct, and, I'll add, that is absolutely rediculous!!!!

High shipping charges from companies do nothing but TICK ME OFF. I have ordered from them before but purposely avoid order from them when I can because of their shipping charges. It doesn't matter to me that the "end" price is comparable to Dal or the other GM discount guys because it just irks me that they try to TRICK people by charging crazy shipping prices.

If their total end prices are on par with the other GM guys, why not just raise the listed price and charge a reasonable shipping fee? It would sure seem to me that this would help their business because I think a lot of others are like me and it just boils my blood when companies attempt to "trick" me.

I hope they read this at GM Parts Direct. I'm sure a few guys on a car board aren't going to change the way they do business but, I know they don't often get my business because of what I view as shifty practices.

And, while I'm on a rant... what's with the no phone crap? You don't HAVE to have a toll free number to have a damn phone Give me a toll number to call when I have a question and I'll call it when I need to. If their search function for parts was a little better it wouldn't be a big deal but from what I've found, their search engine sucks and I've always had trouble finding what I need. The only way to find the part you need is to have the part number... what's up with that??? Rant done
Old 03-11-2004, 11:05 AM

I was going to get it from Jason but alas, he didn't have the part and I don't know if I would have gotten it on time, the only way to MAYBE get it on time would have been to 2 day air it which would have cost the same shipping so I figure screw it.

Thanks guys I feel better about it now.

Quick Reply: gm parts direct buyers