LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

gm parts direct buyers

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2004, 07:23 AM

Originally posted by Brent94Z
I believe you are correct, and, I'll add, that is absolutely rediculous!!!!

High shipping charges from companies do nothing but TICK ME OFF. I have ordered from them before but purposely avoid order from them when I can because of their shipping charges. It doesn't matter to me that the "end" price is comparable to Dal or the other GM discount guys because it just irks me that they try to TRICK people by charging crazy shipping prices.

If their total end prices are on par with the other GM guys, why not just raise the listed price and charge a reasonable shipping fee? It would sure seem to me that this would help their business because I think a lot of others are like me and it just boils my blood when companies attempt to "trick" me.

I hope they read this at GM Parts Direct. I'm sure a few guys on a car board aren't going to change the way they do business but, I know they don't often get my business because of what I view as shifty practices.

And, while I'm on a rant... what's with the no phone crap? You don't HAVE to have a toll free number to have a damn phone Give me a toll number to call when I have a question and I'll call it when I need to. If their search function for parts was a little better it wouldn't be a big deal but from what I've found, their search engine sucks and I've always had trouble finding what I need. The only way to find the part you need is to have the part number... what's up with that??? Rant done
Couldn't agree with your rant more!
Old 03-12-2004, 07:28 AM

Originally posted by MentalCaseOne
Well if someone is a lawyer here.... it would be interesting to do a bit of research on GM Parts Direct.

I paid shipping on two 02's, one LT4 KM, One rear hatch cylinder but the thing is... I was charged shipping for each part independently... however they all arrived in one box.

So it looks like mail fraud to me. Weather is legal or not... the fact that each part paid its own separate shipping cost and then they were all packed into just one box with "One" shipping charge from the Post Office makes me wish I could file a lawsuit right there... Ohh spend 5 years in court to recover 10 or 15 dollars... I bet that would **** them off real bad... (If I only had the money to spend all that time in court.... lol)

So anyway.. the fact is that their price was so much cheaper than my local GM dealer makes me shut my mouth up from now on... I just wanted to rant a bit too.

Marvin

I told GM parts direct in my reply email that if i spend 15-20 bucks on shippign for a 1LE Elbow, and a LT4 KM that they should both come in individually wrapped in gold plated boxes.
Old 03-12-2004, 07:55 AM

Originally posted by MentalCaseOne
Well if someone is a lawyer here.... it would be interesting to do a bit of research on GM Parts Direct.

I paid shipping on two 02's, one LT4 KM, One rear hatch cylinder but the thing is... I was charged shipping for each part independently... however they all arrived in one box.

So it looks like mail fraud to me. Weather is legal or not... the fact that each part paid its own separate shipping cost and then they were all packed into just one box with "One" shipping charge from the Post Office makes me wish I could file a lawsuit right there... Ohh spend 5 years in court to recover 10 or 15 dollars... I bet that would **** them off real bad... (If I only had the money to spend all that time in court.... lol)

So anyway.. the fact is that their price was so much cheaper than my local GM dealer makes me shut my mouth up from now on... I just wanted to rant a bit too.

Marvin
Nothing illegal about it. I would call their method of increasing the price unethical though. Hell I think I paid like $6.00 each for shipping two 3oz bottles of limited slip additive, (both came in the same box), . There isn't anything illegal about not doing business with them either. I'm simply choosing not to deal with them anymore. All they do is drop ship your part from one of their participating dealers anyways. Since Jason isn't leaving Sam Taylor, it makes the choice of where to buy my gm parts just that much easier.