LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Help?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 02:26 PM

Help?

Ok here is the deal my car has been running like chiat for the past 2 months but I may have narrowed it down to a couple of things. OK, I have a stumbling problem at idle and when I go into 4 or OD then the car shakes. I replaced the opti like a month ago for the second time and it still persisted. I noticed my gas was low when I picked it up from the shop so I filled up and thought nothing of it. It worked fine ever since. Fast forward to about 2 days ago. I was headed to work and I started up again. I was thinking aw dam the opti again. So I took it to autozone to get it scanned. The guy there said it gave him an error code saying I might have a grounded wire somewhere or a blown fuse that links to the pcm. I say um ok. (that was yesterday). Today I go to lunch still stumbling and all but I notice I need gas again so I pull into a chevron and fill her up with premium (like always). I start it and go on my way,thats when I noticed that it had stopped again! I was like WTF . So it fixed the problem both times I filled up.

Now I have a couple of questions could it be a fuel line getting air and the air fuel ratio is off and that miss is the air comming in? I also checked all my fuses but all were good, so could it be a grounded wire somewhere that is causing it and the autozone error code? Also its a long shot but could it be a O2 sensor. I replaced one of them but the other I had to leave on cause it was too hard to pry off. I bought some PB Blaster and Ill change it sat or sun.

Any feedback will be much appreciated!!!!
Old 09-02-2004, 04:27 PM

Re: Help?

Fuel filter?