LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

help with new lt1

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by ACE1252
Hmmm, I know this will be painful....but two words.....

ACDelco Opti.
opti is nothing, just a day job, got a a spare in the garage, im thinking the casing is cracked or something along those lines.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:46 PM

okay read my codes here is what i got

23 - Inlet air temperature sensor signal showed an air temperature below -31� F for 60 seconds after the engine has been running for 4 minutes.

26 - ECM detected the wrong potential voltage at the #1 quad-driver module circuit for 20 seconds.

27 - ECM detected the wrong potential voltage at the #2 quad-driver module circuit for 3 seconds.

32 - EGR open command did not change the fuel mixture when the command was given during off idle operation. EGR opening should cause the mixture to be slightly richer because of the low oxygen content of the exhaust gas.

48 - There was no MAF signal when engine was on.

77 - Cooling fan relay #1 control potential voltage at PCM was incorrect for 26 seconds.

83 - TCC PWM solenoid voltage stayed high for 2 seconds after commanded ON by PCM, or the voltage stayed at zero for 2 seconds after commanded OFF by PCM.

84 - Transmission 3-2 shift solenoid voltage stayed high for 5 seconds after commanded ON by PCM, or the voltage stayed at zero for 5 seconds after commanded OFF by PCM.

Now where do i go from here?lol engine also has a rough idol car vibrates and vibration increases through the rpm range, im guessing thats flywheel, or maybe something else.

maybe one of these codes explains why its running so rough.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:47 PM

on another forum someone had suggested that i have an auto PCM, and that i'll need to switch it out for an M6 one. any thoughts?
Old 11-01-2008, 11:15 PM
Administrator

Appears you are using a generic codes list. Best thing to do is use the one on Shoebox's site, that is specific to the LT1.

http://shbox.com/1/Dtcs.htm

Since you have a 95, for example, you don't have "quad driver modules". They stopped using those on the 93. For a 95 LT1:

DTC 26 = Evaporative Emission (EVAP) canister purge solenoid valve circuit

DTC 27 = Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) vacuum control signal solenoid valve circuit

If you have an M6, the correct definitions for the codes are:

DTC 83 = Reverse inhibit system (manual transmission)

Is it difficult to force the shifter into the "reverse" slot?

DTC 84 = Skip shift solenoid circuit (manual transmission)

Many people disconnect the skip shift solenoid to prevent the PCM from locking out the 1->2 shift at low engine loads. That's the code you get when someone pulls the connector off the solenoid.

All of those devices are also on the same fuse, plus the solenoid for the EGR valve. Did you check for a blown fuse?

For the MAF sensor, measure the voltage between the pink wire and the black/white wire in the MAF sensor harness connector. Should be 12V.

Also have to check the relays for the fans and the fuse.

Coolant temp sensor can easilly cause the engine to start hard and run rough. When the PCM sees a low coolant temp, it richens the mixture for cold start. If the coolant temp sensor doesn't get over 140*F, the PCM isn't going to go into closed loop A/F ratio control.