LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Help from those that do thier own bodywork!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2003, 07:30 PM

Help from those that do thier own bodywork!

Ok, my passenger side strut tower was damaged in a wreck, I am currently having to fix the car myself as a lesson from my parents because I wrecked it while doing stuff I shouldn't have done in the first place. Today, I got a new strut tower from the local junkyard. Well, I was only going to use the upper part if it (Not the part that makes up the wheel-well just the brace that extends forward to the radiator core support and then just bend the wheel-well back into shape and weld it all back together), well I started taking measurements to see just how far off everything was and began to notice that I'd probaly take A LOT of persuasive mending to get the wheel-well to straighten everything back out. So I was wondering, how much more trouble would it be if I just cut out the wheel-well while I was at it and then welded everything back like it should? What all would have to come out? I know the electronics,wires,pcm,steering fluid resivore, and the battery tray/antifreeze over flow tank, but what else? I wouldn't have to pull the engine to attempt a repair like this would I? Btw, the just cut through the frame rail too, so should I use a air chizel and take that out of piece I'm going to use or can I just also cut the frame rail and weld it back up? Thanks