LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

HI im new!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 01:58 AM

HI im new!!!

Hi im new to the camaro and dont know to much about the but i will learn ive allways liked them but never had the mony to buy one until two days ago now i have a '94 Z28 and it runs prety good i like how quick they are it didnt suprise me when i got on it it was pretty fast lets just say "they are what they look" anyway i have a problem and my car sputters sometimes even backfirer's and it only does it when i get on it from start then the check engine light will pop on and it will run different i dunno what the problem is can u guys pleas help!!!
Old 01-15-2007, 02:00 AM

and does anyone have a programer that i can barow J/k
Old 01-15-2007, 02:02 AM

Welcome! Since the car is new to you, you should do a tune up or have one done. New fluids, plugs, wires, fuel filter, air filter, etc. Plugs or wires could be a thing to check in regards to your misfire. Bad fuel or a bad fuel filter could also cause a sputtering. Run a search to help you find some info. Worst case is that your optispark (distributor) is dying.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:03 AM

Programmers are specific to the vehicle. Once you load a tune from one it has to remain with that car unless it is put back to the factory tune. If you just need a code pulled you can go to most auto parts stores (Autozone, O Reilly's) and get it checked.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:08 AM

oh i forgot to mention i have a new engine and every thing on the engine all fluids are good!!!
Old 01-15-2007, 10:44 AM
Administrator

anyway i have a problem and my car sputters sometimes even backfirer's and it only does it when i get on it from start then the check engine light will pop on and it will run different i dunno what the problem is can u guys pleas help!!!
If the SES light is on (or was temporarily on), have it scanned. That will tell you the source of the problem. Why guess?
Old 01-15-2007, 11:40 AM

If it flashes on and off (Check engine Light) That normally is pointing towards ignition source. I would check your plugs and wires First thing, to make sure nothing there is fouling up to cause your sputtering.

Also, make sure you use 93 Octane gas at the pump. Don't fool yourself into putting the cheap stuff in the tank, bc it will make the car sputter......

After checking your plugs, check your fuel pressure to make sure it isn't spiking and dropping....

----Dax