LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Honest opinions on Nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2004, 04:59 PM

Originally posted by hozb817
If your smart you would have 2 cars, 1 an F-body for summer and strip, the other for work and winter!!
Yup...that would be me!
Old 01-09-2004, 05:39 PM

Why would I be the one bowing, with out your spray you would be in the 14's. You can bow to my 13.51 all motor, what can you say about your all motor 14 second car. you don't even need a helmet yet dumb ***!!! Bow to this
Old 01-09-2004, 06:08 PM

lol.....that was a fun story i just read, from the all 4 pages while eating chips and dip with ma coke...well i was going to get a dry kit, but it seems to me a WET KIT like the NXWETKIT would be better correct? if so im going to start off with a 75 and keep that for like 2 months and work my way up, and as one guy stated b4 he has some kind of eletronic device that controls the percentage of n2o comming out? how much is that thing? and will ti work on auto cars? cause that thing sounds sweet....
i have 1k to spend on my car...and i already have this other **** put it, besides the cam and gears/..thats going in next weeknd....then after that i want spray then after head work....
but in your opnion what is the best kit for the WET KIT?
randy
Old 01-09-2004, 06:12 PM

Originally posted by crAzy95z28
lol.....that was a fun story i just read, from the all 4 pages while eating chips and dip with ma coke...well i was going to get a dry kit, but it seems to me a WET KIT like the NXWETKIT would be better correct? if so im going to start off with a 75 and keep that for like 2 months and work my way up, and as one guy stated b4 he has some kind of eletronic device that controls the percentage of n2o comming out? how much is that thing? and will ti work on auto cars? cause that thing sounds sweet....
i have 1k to spend on my car...and i already have this other **** put it, besides the cam and gears/..thats going in next weeknd....then after that i want spray then after head work....
but in your opnion what is the best kit for the WET KIT?
randy
N20 tech, all your answers are there.
search for progressive controller
Old 01-09-2004, 07:03 PM

I love nitrous, blowers and n/a it just does not matter. There will always be some one faster than the next guy with even a lesser car. There are a couple of guys around here that run late modle f-bodys well into the 10's and only have 550 H.P. n/a. Their chassis are just set up that good. I say "just 550 H.P." because every time I open up a supercevy or chevy high performance magazine I see cars with well over 800h.p. To your question, I personally love nitrous and really don't care if I get beat,and I do get beat. I just love the hell out of this sport. I love wrenching,helping others with their cars and cruising this site. It's all good.
Old 01-09-2004, 07:27 PM

Next thing you know some of the same "nitrous is cheating" people are saying..... if you drive an automatic you're CHEATING!

LOL

Joe
Old 01-09-2004, 07:38 PM

My car isn't that slow off the bottle but it would be about an 11.0@121 car if I had set it up for N/A. I'd rather run low 10's on a little 150 shot and step up to a 250 shot to get solid 9's though. Running faster is more fun and nitrous will get you there easier, faster, cheaper, and maintain more streetability than an N/A setup. NA setup that runs low 10's means race gas all the time. To run the times N/A you will have to run very high compression (read 13.5-14.5-1+) to get a fraction of the volumetric efficiency of a nitrous/boosted engine. Power adders maintain streetability.

On the N20. You will love the torque you feel and the amazing power increase. It is like a night and day difference. I would recommend an NX wet kit, MSD Dig 6 box, NGK TR-6 or AC Delco R43LTS plugs, window switch, purge, bottle heater, and a 15lb bottle. Run 150 and less and you'll have a lot of fun.

Good Luck with your decision

Matt
Old 01-09-2004, 07:49 PM

Why would I be the one bowing, with out your spray you would be in the 14's. You can bow to my 13.51 all motor, what can you say about your all motor 14 second car. you don't even need a helmet yet dumb ***!!! Bow to this
You're joking right. Did you even look at my mods. Right now, WITHOUT nitrous, I run a 13.26... I haven't been to the track with the nitrous yet. So you bow down chump. Do your homework before you spout BS like that. You have a few mods to go before you could even catch me when I'm runnin all motor, and if I did decide to use the nitrous, you wouldn't stand a chance...
Old 01-09-2004, 08:09 PM

Cool

Originally posted by FireAm94
Next thing you know some of the same "nitrous is cheating" people are saying..... if you drive an automatic you're CHEATING!

LOL

Joe

Naw, if you drive an auto you're not driving, a manual lets you drive.

J/K no flames

BTW I was just down in Decatur before Christmas on business. Had a great time. Princeton, Captain ? on Bank Street with the night hours spent at Cafe 112 ? and The Brick. Checked out the Dock on the water but nothing was doing.

If the watefront development keeps going it will be great.
Old 01-09-2004, 09:11 PM

No joke eh? It's a pretty nice town...I like it and it's growing real fast! It used to be around 50k people now it's mid 70k's. Yup...Princeton's, Cafe 113, but the Brick is my choice. Tell all these folks...there is a HUGE misconception about the women in the south! hehe The Hard Dock (bar on the river) isn't very happening in the winter because there is no real indoor space. The indoor area is shoulder to shoulder in the summer as well as the outside deck.

Joe
Old 01-09-2004, 10:00 PM

N20 is only cheating if you hide it from who you are racing. Say you go out "Street Racing" and have a hidden N20 Setup and want to run a NA car for $500.00 and win by spraying it.

I run N20 on the street, track I LOVE THE STUFF.

As far as N2O being dangrous on the street so is a sub 10 sec NA car if run it at "WOT" Same thing is going to happen the tires are going to blow off. You just have to becareful in anything that has enough power to blow the tires off at 50mph. Yes it is fun to do but can also be deadly.

And it can get very expesive if you spray all the time. In the summer time I use about 30-40 lbs in a month. (street and track)

Good luck

PS most of the time I will take the bottle out if I run other car's NA I have had to many people say "YOU KNOW HE WAS SPRAYING" !

Good Luck

Sean
Old 01-09-2004, 10:18 PM

hozb817, i see your from lake county.. is there any why that is lake county indiana or illinois? If so ill take the bottle out of my car and still give you a great view off my tail lights...
Old 01-10-2004, 10:45 AM

Originally posted by FireAm94

LOL

Joe
Naa....but if you drive an auto you should have to wear a skirt
Old 01-12-2004, 02:25 AM

Here is how , 409 stroker kit, AFR LT4 227 Heads, . Oh guess what that would put me at, 10's biach.
well then my big cam/high compression/big nitrous shot having will still beat you car
Old 01-12-2004, 01:56 PM

Hey gang. It may be a little dangerous for me to stand up in the middle of this fire-fight but here goes. I've never run nitrous before only because of some bad experiences with friends in high school. Two guys blew their motors, and one guy blew the bottle up in the back of his Typhoon. Just how safe and streetable is N2O and what motor changes need to be made in order to make it safer, i.e. N2O rings, etc.? Thanks

Quick Reply: Honest opinions on Nitrous