LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

honeycomb?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2003, 11:45 PM

HAHAHAHAH...YOU GUYS ARE KILLIN ME!!!!!! I'm rollin, you dudes are too damn smart for this board but thank god you're here. Just tell us in laymans terms. "TO DO....OR NOT TO DO.....THAT IS THE QUESTION"

THANKS GUYS
Old 08-30-2003, 11:57 PM

I have been thoroughly convinced to just leave it alone.
Old 08-31-2003, 08:31 PM

If there is turbulence which causes the MAF to output a high signal, it will be followed by a low signal which averages to the true velocity mean
You talking about oscillation at a resonant point......but what if you are going down a hill??

Just kidding man I was just too tempted to ad more wood to the fire...

Lets see... in my particular case scenario... I deflower my MAF and all that turbulence sends most of the Turbulent Air right at that corner where the small resistor can not detect it...Gobs and Gobs of air pass right there so close yet so far from the metering resistor.......

Does my MAF outputs a high signal or a low signal?? will it be followed by an opposite signal or equal intensity or not? What if the Turbulence happens right on top of the metering resistor?? Will that turbulence move itself somehow to allow the MAF to output and opposite signal of the same intensity to obtain that True velocity Mean that you talk about?

Even if everything happened to perfection and it would balance itself out... I fer sure would not like to ride in a car that surges and stalls in perfect Harmony

It would gimmie a headache you see.....
Old 12-05-2003, 10:36 PM

I know this thread is kind of old, but I am a junior Mechanical Engineering student at Clemson University and have been studying all day for my Fluid Mechanics and Thermodynamics Finals. It was so damn awesome to read these posts and be one of the people who understood everything said. I guess all this hard work is worth something!