LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

how to disable the aigbag light ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2003, 06:41 PM

LMAO @ wolfie Vs Nightrider

u guys crack me up

.. the winner of this struggle is ... "THEWINNER"

u 2 need to learn how to READ .. i gotta take out the WHOLE shbang anyway .. gotta replace my broken dash .. thanx to the deployed airbags

but i think i'll put switches in my BCM to control these lights (or just cut them) this way i dont have to pull the cluster again to put in light bulbs

thewinner: whats the best way to take off the top piece ? mine ISNT cracked from the airbags .. but i dont wanna break it trying !!! so just spill the beans .. how do u take the top piece out ?

thanx

PS. i think the cluster is a LOT easier to pull on a TA than a camaro .. for the TAs u dont need to take out the top piece .. camaros u do i think ...
Old 05-12-2003, 07:21 PM

do you guys know how to get rid of the ses light on a 95 TA by chance so that stupid light never shows up again
Old 05-12-2003, 07:33 PM

yeah, what is the easiest way to pull your cluster guages? well, without really breaking anything. ive gotta replace my dash here in a couple days.
Old 05-12-2003, 07:42 PM

Originally posted by NiteRider
Ok that's enough, go ahead, butcher your car like a slab of fillet minot!!!

Payam just do it via your cluster, don't listen to wolfie.
Do listen to "wolfie". It's a 10 minute job. I didn't have to remove the glove box when I did it, btw. Cut that brown wire and put a couple of crimp on connectors on it. That way it can go back together easily if you ever decide to. And what the hell is "fillet minot"?
Old 05-12-2003, 07:44 PM
Banned

pull the knee bolster, 2 bolts 2 screws. disconnect the defrost conenction if you have it. take the radio bezel off. 5 bolts.

if i remember right, the cluster bezel has a screw by the fuse box, tilt stick thing, and one by the radio (not sure about this one)

pull thsoe out, then you will have to get a screw driver and pry the flat piece up and the corner where it meets the cluster bezel and the airbag piece i think thats what it is.

once its up a little from the screw driver, slide your hands under it and pull up gently and the velcro should pop loose at that corner.

then i think there is 2 more funky fastener things that hold it down, place a hand on each side of those and pull up.

then there is 2 screws under there i think 7mm and remove those with a wrench.

make sure to get them tight when you put them back or else they rattle a ton, dont ask me how i know hehe. just push the dash back into place.

to completely remove the flat piece, you will need to take off the apillars.
Old 05-12-2003, 07:49 PM

Originally posted by Bud M
Do listen to "wolfie". It's a 10 minute job. I didn't have to remove the glove box when I did it, btw. Cut that brown wire and put a couple of crimp on connectors on it. That way it can go back together easily if you ever decide to. And what the hell is "fillet minot"?
Thanks Bud!

I'm pretty sure he meant "fillet mignon". It's sort of a steak to name it in one raw word. Hey Canadians, learn your French!
Old 05-12-2003, 08:07 PM

really? we're not so different you & I!
Old 05-12-2003, 08:17 PM

What do you mean?

If you're talking about my joke, then that's all it was - a joke. No sarcasm or fun made of anyone. I barely passed French myself.
Old 05-12-2003, 11:15 PM

Originally posted by madwolf
What do you mean?

If you're talking about my joke, then that's all it was - a joke. No sarcasm or fun made of anyone. I barely passed French myself.
dont worry about bunker .. he likes to recite lines from austin powers 3 everytime he has nothing to say .. isnt that called post wh0ring ?